Anonymous
Years ago

ABA: Tuesday Night Results?

Anyone know the results for Tuesday's ABA games?

Topic #1159 | Report this topic

deak  
Years ago

Woodville wacked Centrals

Sturt beat West

Reply #12885 | Report this post

Silly Jirachi  
Years ago

Southern beat South 71-49 in the Franchises 2nd last game as a Tiger (for now). Be there Sunday 4pm to watch his last game v the Malaysian's.

South failed to score more than 14 in any 1 quarter and looked slightly average.

They were however in 'mid season' bickering and thuggery form!!

Good to have you back Panther ;-)
Dont know about those shoes though

Reply #12907 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

the "franchises" two point contributionlast night was awesome! 1 from 20

Reply #12945 | Report this post

Colonel Klink  
Years ago

Informer... what game you watching son?

Admittedly not one of Joes better games but def. had more than 2 @ 1 of 20.
As for all the south hype on this forum...whatever. They looked average from the tip, whether they're "tinkering" with personell, new plays or not. Kosmider (8pts) looked like the only real threat all night.
As for Matt Davies (2pts) !@#&??... if south are relying on him to pull them out of the quagmire then the season is already lost. He's a good 8 man at best.

Southern were undersized all night and had their only big (hoban) in foul trouble in the first 6 minutes. Id be suprised if he logged more than 20 minutes for the whole game.
Tim Hodges (13pts) looked good in his first game back with the Tigers after many months travel OS. The clear stand out of the night was the "Snake" with 17 pts, Brad was practically unguardable and looks good for a career season come February.

Famous faces.. Jason Joynes (Mt Gambier) came out for a little looksey, apparently he trained with the South boys recently as well. A very solid addition to a lack lustre roster should they pull it off.

Of note.. Southern still to add B.Hodges, Bowley, Wood, Pochintesta ( yes, he'll be back), and ??? to the line up that spanked South (minus Truck)

Reply #12946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good confidence win for tigers. I don't think Pochintesta will return.. So don't get your hopes up. B.Hodges will need to get back to form (Of about 3 seasons ago) and new look Hoban will have to take another step up. Luckily we can always count on snake, who is one of the most consistant guards in the league. Heath's coaching is probably betta than Billy's (Hope I'm not too out of line saying that).

Reply #12960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets beat Norwood convincingly.
Around 25 points i think.

Reply #12963 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Not to say that South didn't deserve the spanking they got but the umpiring at Morphett Vale as many others have pointed out was absolutely atrocious! It's no wonder that gerlach looked good when he had a black and white guardian angel for the night. Even the tigers were laughing at some of the calls. No doubt i'll have 20 responses from the umpires lovers group but who cares, last night was close to the worst officiating game i've seen. At to say that umpires don't talk shit to players, visit Morphett Vale next week and i'm sure you'll hear some.

Reply #12969 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The young Warriors wacked the up and coming Centrals with their 400 new players? What happened there?

Reply #12997 | Report this post

beyondthearc  
Years ago

the warriors were far to quick, slick and accurate from beyond the arc :)

great work on the inside by their young big guys too...this team has great promise with players to come back into the side

Reply #13000 | Report this post

malaysian coach  
Years ago

obviously a hater moses??

Reply #13008 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"obviously a hater moses??" says the malaysian coach.

Brian, I have no idea what you're talking about. Positively, completely, I've missed your point.

I was simply asking how a young, inexperienced Woodville team could beat a Centrals team that everyone is talking up.

Reply #13191 | Report this post

matty  
Years ago

are all you guys talking about the men aba or womens

Reply #13193 | Report this post

andre le fluer  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #13266 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

did you see the woodville v centrals game moses, obviously not if your talking about all the players they had or have when i dont think any of the new guys played did they, full credit to woodville though.

Reply #13556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754