red dog
Years ago

razorbacks-danger game

this week is an absolute danger game as we fell in against pirates and have had some overly flatterring wins at home. Razors have been given a big serve by Watkins publically and there will be a lot of motivation for them.
Horvath, Dwight and Mckinnon are likely to trouble us in match ups. Our D has been ordinary and even though in the guard department we should be ahead on points..so long as the shots drop. I think that we have been getting hurt on transition and there are name players that need to take more defensive responsibility or we will be in trouble.

Topic #1168 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think every game in the league is a dnager game...there are no sure bets this year....anyone can beat anyone at any time.

Should be a good close game i think Trahair will be the trump card for them.

The pigs are loaded with great Aussie talent....as are we

Reply #13087 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Usually I might agree, but I think this Sixers team is much better at home than people may realise. Plus in my opinion the Razorbacks are terrible, I mean they really stink! They are so boring to watch, and we're not just a bit ahead of them in the back court, not to mention off the bench, but by a huge margin. They have Markovic running there offense for god sake. And you don't think that Willie Farley has a POINT to prove against a team he played with (struggled). Sorry but this is going to be a 'bounce back' demolition job!

Sixers by 20+

Reply #13088 | Report this post

red dog  
Years ago

Shaq I hope you are right but maybe you are the kind of guy that picked Adelaide to beat Sydney by 15 + last week when you heard that Wheeler and Thalo were out.... Sometimes expectations such as Its a home game and Razors are struggling leads to that belief that it wont be too hard and that psychologically somehow you can pencil this one in. Any player who approaches this game with it pencilled in will get his ass kicked. I really dont believe that there is any game for Adelaide home or particularly away that you can pencil in without exposing yourself to lead poisoning. In fact if Phil hasn't got the guys in the pump room this week it will be fatal.

Reply #13099 | Report this post

Jo Jo English  
Years ago

I agree with the Shaq the Razors stink. Sacking Gordie MCleod after being 3 minutes away from winning a championship was just downright dumb.

We will pump the Razors by 10 plus and Maher will torch Markovic

Reply #13132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Trouble at the big end -- Horvath, Dwight and Mackinnon are all strong players. If Horvath can run the floor, Rees may be ineffective and Cooper will have to make them earn their points inside. He definitely has the potential to do that (5 blocks last week) so hopefully this is the game he gets a double-double and makes it a tough game for the Razors.

Reliable Maher vs unreliable Trahair will be the story at the other end.

Reply #13152 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I think it's an important game. The Sixers were looking good for a while, but were bought back to earth last round with 2 losses on the road. We now have a loosing streak. Let's end it and get back to winning.

Reply #13177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754