avanti
Years ago

Proposed NBA scoring changes

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11363650-23210,00.html

Can anyone think of reasons for making this change?

Making change for changes sake??

Topic #1172 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

How rediculous...whats the point? (excuse the pun)

Reply #13133 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

That rule is bloody stupid. the long bomb is a big part of the game. y would u limit people like peja or dirk. antione walker would be screwed!! stupid idea taking a great part of the game away.

Reply #13134 | Report this post

Gerson Du Toit  
Years ago

Avanti,

FYI, this topic has been covered before: http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/911/

Look for my suggested additional changes to be adopted soon - is there no end to the Americans' head-in-the-sand approach to shooting?

Reply #13135 | Report this post

avanti  
Years ago

Surely, it wont ever make it through to the big league...

Sounds like they that comp a circus with new rules like the AFL does with the Wizard Cup...

Reply #13136 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

This rule eliminates the chances of the pure shooters in the game. its making it a big mans game. Pathetic rule, its far enought out in the NBA anyway. Without the threat of the 3 point shot you will never spread the defence thus making it even harder to score inside also. the foul count will increade as you will be forcing up shots against 2 or 3 opponents each and every play.
its so ridiculous it funny.
thats my 2 cents worth

Reply #13143 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

This rule eliminates the chances of the pure shooters in the game. its making it a big mans game. Pathetic rule, its far enought out in the NBA anyway. Without the threat of the 3 point shot you will never spread the defence thus making it even harder to score inside also. the foul count will increade as you will be forcing up shots against 2 or 3 opponents each and every play.
its so ridiculous it funny.
thats my 2 cents worth

Reply #13144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ever said it was right about the AFL and the new rules, but when is the NBL going to bring out a super, happy, fun goal worth 4 points and a free show bag.

ridiculous

Reply #13162 | Report this post

ihaterules  
Years ago

you people are talking like the rule is coming into affect now? as if the NBA will take the 3-ball out? think there is hack a shaq now? take the 3-pter out and there will be more fouls in the post than the NBA could have ever imagined. Then attendances will drop and the 3pter will be right back in!!! so i dont think its time to panic!!!!!!!!!

Reply #13222 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754