Who Me!
Years ago

Large Contracts Completed

Followed a link from Bill Simmons Blog to Hoops Hype Salaries, as Philadelphia has a few players (who aren't even playing) drop off their Salary payments this year.
I had a look at the rest of the League and noticed that New York this year have the following 5 contracts drop off their books, for a total of $62M.
- Allan Houston - $20.7M
- Jalen Rose - $16.9M
- Maurice Taylor - $ 9.7M
- Shandon Anderson - $ 8.5M
- Jerome Williams - $ 6.4M

That is a huge cut in that massive Salary Bill of the Knicks, it is more than the actual Salary Cap!

Topic #11722 | Report this topic

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Shandon Anderson - $8.5m... WHAT A JOKE... His brother Willie maybe (would have been worth that kind of money were he playing now) but Shandon???... I also think that deal was Pre-Isaiah (correct me if i`m wrong) - and as soon as he (I.T.) rocked up in NY he publicy ripped the guy...

Reply #137190 | Report this post

Mya Buttcrack  
Years ago

Willie Simmons?

Reply #137192 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Willie Anderson - played with the Spurs for several years in the 80s and early 90s... decent swingman... averaged around 15 points for his career...

His brother Shandon sucked though... but managed to make more money with much. much less talent for his career (helped by hyperinflationary player salaries market and a moronic GM)...

Reply #137198 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Willie was def the better player, Shandon got lucky by being on the same roster as John Stockton and Karl Malone. He was the Jazz 6th man for quite a whole.

I think Shandon's contract was inked whilst he was a member of the Rockets. It was a stupid contract, about $40 over 6 years from memory.

The Knicks waived from in 2004 and a few days later signed as a FA by the Heat and then went on to get a ring with them.

Talk about the sun shining on a dog's ar$ehole.

Reply #137204 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

TR,

Those situations I find quite humourous, e.g. Gaze having a ring, yet Tracy McGrady has never got out of the first round of play-offs, KG has only once & I am pretty sure Shareef Abdur-Rahim has never even played a play-off game in 12 seasons & over 800 Games and 4 different teams.(with career averages of 18.2, 7.6 & 2.6)

Reply #137214 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Didn't Abdul Rahim make the playoffs last year with the Kings alongside Bibby, Miller, Wells and Artest?

Ended up losing to the Spurs in the first round I think... not 100%

Reply #137215 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

I thought he might have too, but yahoo doesn't show any play-off games in his Career stats, I was starting to wonder whether he was injured?

Reply #137217 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

What disturbs me even more is people like Scott Hastings, Will Perdue (who would ever believe that Krause traded Perdue for Rodman), Dickey Simpkins etc etc all have rings.

What a real joke is Matt Steigenga (Bulls) played a total of 2 games for 12 mins and a total of 3 points and recieved a 1997 Championship ring.

Just no justice in this world, people like Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Ewing (the list goes on) miss out and chumps like Steigenga have one.

SAR played in his first playoff series last year, but at least he has an Olympic gold medal.

I guess teams need 11-12 people on their rosters or the occasional 10 day contract.

Reply #137231 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Great trade Perdue for Rodman!

Reply #137322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That trade probably occured because of Rodman's bad attitudethey prolly just wanted to ship him out even tho he was an awesome player

Reply #137344 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Not probably - definitely... same reason Detroit got rid of him, he really wigged out in the early 90s... I think Spurs management were freaked out by how much he changed superficially after moving from Detroit - he only started the whole hair/piercing/wackjob thing then... By the time he got to the Bulls it was expected of him (and no-one cared)... And Texas being Texas (anyone who`s not quite conformist will have trouble)...

Reply #137346 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

True, I think it still legal to carry firearms in plain site public in some places in Texas.

Reply #137347 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Actually, due to wiki here is the awnswer...

Texas has no laws regarding possession of handguns, shotguns, or rifles by persons 18 years or older without felony convictions; a rifle, shotgun, or other long-barreled firearm may be carried openly, however, a permit to carry is required for handguns (issued only to those 21 and older), and they must be concealed.

It's Rodman hunting season....

Reply #137348 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140829/

Bad As I Wanna Be - The Dennis Rodman Story... This is one of the BEST basketball movies ever... The inside BIZ on the human pincushion... All of the actors look like the players they are portraying - i had no idea that Larry Bird looked like Bryant Reeves' and Dino Radja's love-child... but in this movie he does...

If you want to waste 2 hours of you life - track this baby down... I watched it and now i have a lazy eye...

Reply #137376 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It is poo...
Book was okay in parts, but basically a look at me, look at me!

Krause finally did good, Rodman was a champ the first 2 years at the Bulls, with exception to the cameraman who copped one in da nads..

Pretty much write his career off after 97.

Reply #137416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754