Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

Power vs Carlton - Umpires

Want to hear a free kick count??

18 - 8 at the moment..

its Cr@p..

give us a fair go!!

something has to be done about these umpires not just this game but the hole year has been aweful!!

Topic #11768 | Report this topic

benj  
Years ago

If you play in front to get the free kicks. When you are chasing the opposition with the ball you are more likely to give away free kicks and you guys are giving away some cheap free kicks.

Reply #137745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be more concerned about the way they are playing and the fact that Tredrea has been a passenger for the last month rather than the umpiring for this match...

Reply #137746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tredrea isnt playing that bad in the last quarter anon.. Go The Power!!.. FU@K the umpirers

Reply #137747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys i agree with Kobe its not just the port game its also been all through the season. the need to change the rule back and realise they did wrong.

Reply #137748 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I agree Kobe, Carlton hardly got any free kicks at all! Bloody Port umpires!

Seriously though, Carlton won so easily that umpires don't come into deciding the win/loss of the teams.

Reply #137749 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

wen the free kick totals that far apart how can you say that besides i was also coming from that the umpires have been cr@p all year.. you cant disagree that.. the in the back rule and the holding teh ball rule seriously have to be looked at..

Reply #137750 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

where does it say in the rules that both sides should get the same number of frees,especially when one plays like shit and trails by 10 goals for most the match

Reply #137751 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

You need to get over the holding the ball rule this is at least the second year that rule has been in and it will probably be around forever. Personally they needed to do something about holding the ball they probably went too far, the fact that the opposition can hold the ball under a player and get a free kick regularly is wrong.

The push in the back rule - again they needed to do something about it and they have gone to far - I personally don't know the answer to the question but I personally think that part of the problem is caused by umpires not being in proper position and guessing what they are calling. Basketball has 3 umpires to cover a court tiny compared to a football field - but I reckon with 3 umpires basketball is well covered (better than 2 that is for sure) - how can we expect 3 umpires to cover a whole football field?

Reply #137752 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and that was wat i was trying to get at.. something needed to be done but they have gone to far..

Reply #137754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tredrea is playing as badly as Copeland plays in the NBL

Reply #137758 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah that's right. The only reason Port lost was because the free-kick count was so one sided.

It had nothing to do with Port cannot kick straight, Port giving away stupid free kicks, or Carlton playing really well.

The best side won on the night it had nothing to do with the umpires.

Reply #137759 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Port is losing in part because it is repeating the mistake it made with Primus: carrying a guy just because he is captain.

AFL umpires are an absolute disgrace. The controvesial hands in the back rule was brought in because most umpires were apparently too stupid to determine whether a hand in the back during a marking contest was or wasn't an advantage, so the AFL removed the grey area and for them and they STILL can't get it right. It isn't just the field umpires either: the boundary guys are making blatant mistakes, and anyone who saw the Crows at Brisbane would wonder how goal umpires could possibly make so many stuff ups. And here's my idea for a new rule: if you are an AFL umpire and you can't bounce the ball straight then you don't EVER get to pay a ruck infringement.

I'd be really interested to see an AFL game played without field umpires. I really can't see how it could be any worse.

I'm not a Port fan, but I would admit that historically they have received a harsh run from the umpires. I didn't see the game last night, but I can say the umpires weren't the reason you were down 12 goals at halftime to Geelong, or the reason you were crushed in the last three quarters vs Hawthorn.

Reply #137762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to rite with tredrea.. what do we do with him.. his one game from 200.. do we rest him in the SANFL try and get ANY form he can.. his struggling big time..

kicked a nice goal last nite in the last quarter but his first 3 were disgraceful

Reply #137763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port sucks. End of story.

Reply #137768 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Free kick count always going to be one-sided when only one team is gettin the ball. Carlton had like 70% of posession in that game no wonder they were that skewed.

Reply #137772 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Go Blues

Port are CRAP.....bunch of pretenders

Dont worry about the free kick count

Maybe you should be looking at the shite you have wearing Power jumpers

Treders is past it
Chad Cornes played crap
Both Burgoynes disposals were disgraceful
Brogan lost the plot and played the man and not the ball

Shall i continue?

Oh, and Mark Williams cant coach...lmao....moving Treders into the back line

Smart move

Reply #137773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fezlington u are gay.. enough said

Reply #137774 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

thank you anon..

Reply #137775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fezlington, u r as gay as Copeland being on the Sixers roster this year!

Reply #137790 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

ok for you guys who think that our players are shite we are still equal with the crows on games won this season

Reply #137794 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

and wheres Carlton, you would know what shit is if you support them feslington.

Reply #137810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least the Crows are in the eight still.

Reply #137860 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LMAO

Yeah Curious

16 Flags.....we are shit

If we can keep the current team together, and continue to play the same attacking style of footy

Another flag will be headed our way within 5 years

Carlton have more potential than Port.......trust me

Reply #137916 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

How many since the AFL has started? If you want to start getting your history against Ports I think you will lose. Within 5 years, I don't think so. A couple wins on the trot and you think your team is great. Down the bottom and thats where you will continue to stay.

Reply #137929 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

5 years...ba ha ha ha...

Fez you should get 5 balls for that!!!

Actually a picture of John Elliot would be better...

Reply #137957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oiy get this
carlton 16 afl/vfl
port 30(i think) afl/sanfl

Reply #137978 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Are you guys for real??

All those wins in the Shite SANFL dont me shit

Play in a real competition

BTW......we will be a top 4 team within 5 years

They shouldve left SA with one representative team....the Crows

You may as well hand Treders his 200th game this week

Its the Hacks last

Reply #137980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok if sanfl means nothing so does the vfl.

Reply #137990 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Oh Curious...as for your how many flags since the AFL

3 Grand final appearances for 1 Flag in 1995

1995 - 20 wins from 22 games, including 16 straight

Ive gone thru the other threads here for the Adelaide games ...and i dont see one person there whinge about the umpiring

You Port clowns are a bunch of sooks

Reply #137991 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Top 4 haha. All the priority picks and you still can not get out of the bottom 4. Keep dreaming. Shite SANFL? I love the fact that since it has become a national competition, Victorian teams hardly win Premierships, so I would say the Victorian comp is the one that is shite. 10 months out of the game and everybody expects Tredea to be as he was before the injury. Perhaps if the lazy mid fielders delivered the ball properly he would have better opportunities to score.

Reply #137992 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lets see Port with a fine of almost a million dollars, stripped of draft picks and a aging list and see how long it takes to rebuild

As for your Interstate teams winning flags......7 Victorian Teams since 1990 to 10 Interstate teams (3 of them Brisbane & 1 Sydney......both Ex Vic clubs)

LOL......Lazy midfielders.

Mate....look at your top 3 goal scorers....Ebert, Rodan and Burgoyne

Apart from that young kid Westhoff, you got no talls

Reply #137996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoever here goes for crows cnt talk where are they

whats that

equal with port

GET OVR IT!

Reply #138000 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Well if you didn't cheat then you wouldn't have to pay fines and lose draft picks. You can kick your own arses!! And actually Port did have an aging list, and now have the second youngest list in the AFL, , and has not had any priority picks. Yes Westoff is going to be great.

Reply #138007 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....so did Melbourne and Essendon

They used us as a example to the AFL

You guys havent got the second youngest list in the league

Hawthorn has a younger list than you guys

Reply #138054 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Yes Hawthorn 1 and Port 2nd. See 3 teams from Victoria cheated, and got caught. Just proves you guys can not compete with the best clubs. Good luck this week.

Reply #138076 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....i think you guys need the Luck......Essendon will roll all over the top of Port

Where are you plucking these stats from

Im sure the Blues have a much younger list than Port

Reply #138083 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

I tried to google the stats but could not find them. I did read them earlier in the year, and also know Hawthorn is the youngest. I will try and find my prove!! Port to get the bombers by 12 points, i hope! Will be interesting to see how they respond.

Reply #138085 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Found it

In contrast to the Crows, hometown rival Port Adelaide is getting younger - quickly.

In 2005 - after its historic premiership - the Power fielded the oldest team in the competition with an average age of 24 years, 109 days.

It now has the third-youngest playing group (behind Hawthorn and Carlton), with an average age of 22 years, 132 days.

I knew your list wasnt the youngest...Carlton, Hawks then Port

Trust me, Carlton will be a force, especially if we re-sign Pagan

Heres the website i got it from

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21161210-21544,00.html

Reply #138095 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

You will come out hard but i dont think your backline would hold the likes of Lucas and Lloyd

Here is the full list by the way

AFL Squads Average Age (at 30 March 2007)

Hawthorn  22 years, 82 days
Carlton  22 years, 110 days
Port Adelaide  22 years, 132 days
Brisbane  22 years, 173 days
West Coast  22 years, 180 days
Richmond  22 years, 298 days
Kangaroos  22 years, 326 days
Geelong  22 years, 327 days
Collingwood  23 years, 0 days
Sydney  23 years, 61 days
Essendon  23 years, 98 days
Western Bulldogs  23 years, 166 days
Melbourne  23 years, 219 days
St Kilda  23 years, 299 days
Fremantle  24 years, 39 days
Adelaide  24 years, 126 days

Reply #138096 | Report this post

JockeyClub  
Years ago

Pretty scary when you see where WestCoast is on the list .

Reply #138100 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Thanks for that. Was surprise that Carlton was the youngest. Just wait for the weekend port will bouce back!

Reply #138102 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Tell me about it

Not looking good for the Saints....although there will be a mass clear out i reckon at the end of this season

Reply #138105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be an interesting game sunday to see how port responds to mark williams comments about calling them soft. Hopefully they give the inform bombers are run for the their money. I cant see why they cant get back to the footy they were playing at the start of the year which was long and direct and taking there player on none of this bullsh*t chip kicks in the back half so many teams are doing. Be tough to stop lucas and Loyd tho..

Reply #138108 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Fez, Great game on the weekend? hehe

Reply #138713 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL......was awesome

I left 10 minutes into the last qtr

That was not the same Carlton team that beat the Dogs or Port

Reply #138762 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It was the same team that lost all of the games before that though!

Reply #138767 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

True.........but that by far has been our worst game regardless of the final score

Reply #138853 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

And the Power were great. Midfielders pulled their finger out and Treadea had a great game. Wilson , What a gem he is!

Reply #138867 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754