Isaac
Years ago

Breakers and Blaze competing for Crowe

The NZ Breakers have made a bit of a low offer to potential import guard Jason Crowe ($60k according to the article). He's apparently rejected the Breakers offer and could be about to sign with the Gold Coast Blaze.

One-time Tall Blacks coach Steve McKean spoke with the NZ Herald about the Breakers chances. I have to agree with his comment on Behrendorff:

"I think he [Lemanis] rates Tim Behrendorff higher than others do," McKean said of the 25-year-old centre.

The Australian is recognised for his sound fundamentals but has yet to establish himself as a presence in the ANBL.
At one point, I think Lemanis floated the idea of starting Behrendorff - I don't know that he's at that level yet.

Read more

Crowe has been playing well in the NZ NBL and looks like he might be worth a shot in our league.

Topic #11849 | Report this topic

**Balla**  
Years ago

Yeh Crowe should go to the Blaze.

Reply #138482 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

from what i hear not going to happen people reference to blaze, just trying to increase salary i would suggest

Reply #138663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Drb, what's your guess? NZ bound?

Reply #138668 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i would suggest yes to NZ

Reply #138698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:01 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754