Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

socceroos

currently half time down 1 - 0. anyone got a stream? or can give me updates. asiain cup website poor.

Topic #12157 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

1 - 1.. stream anyone??

Reply #141947 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

3-1 we are done for... time to stick a fork in it

Reply #141948 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

howd u find tht out!!!!!

Reply #141949 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

being shown on fox lucas neil got a red card in the 94th min so he will be out next game

Reply #141950 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

only thing to say.. AUSSIES SCREWED!!

Reply #141951 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

graham arnold stated ther will be changes for the next game alot of big reps going to miss out because of poor form

Reply #141953 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

How about getting a coach who has some decent experience before embarking on a campaign this big again.

Disgrace.

Reply #141965 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

double clutch get a clue before u start crap like that! name one person who could of done his job in such circumstances of players not performing or showing lack of character. also do your research G. Arnold was one of the pioneers for the sport back in the day these players would never achived the status they get now if it wasn't for him!!

Reply #141966 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Well Graham Arnold might hvae done all that but they go for him if the Socceroos make the world cup.

Fingers crossed for a Guus Hiddink Return!

Reply #141968 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

I agree with double-clutch. Arnold ia a poor choice manager. He is only there because they gave up finding an available overseas manager with experience. We have been found out and embarrassed by having such a bad coach on a pretty big stage. Arnold couldn't even coach for Northern spirit. Lucky we find out now and not closer to the world cup. Houlier for coach!

Reply #141969 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

When we had Hiddink as coach, there was a structured formation. Grella and Cullina would control the midfield.

With Arnold, structure is a foreign word. Bring in Klinsmann or Houllier and let them revamp the team in time for World Cup qualifiers in 2008.

Reply #141970 | Report this post

Mr_Black  
Years ago

Anyone that knows anything about football (soccer) would have to agree with chewy316

Reply #141972 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Oh well... Just goes to show what a team with heart and a never say die attitude can acheive... Sad part is that the Socceroos were that team a scant 12 months ago - now they are victims of their own hubris... You can't hang everything on Arnold i'm afraid...

Reply #141978 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Why Viduka is captain is as baffling as why Nash got any court time last season! Viduka is our main striker and has scored 9 goals in his last 41 games! I wouldn't be surprised if most of them goals came against Fiji and countries like that. So why is someone that is incompetent at what he does the captain!

Reply #142016 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

viduka incompetant ? right i dont beleive he should be captain but that remark is just plain uneducated

Reply #142017 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

uneducated?? Once again he is our star striker and he has scored 9 goals in 41 games find me another main striker that has done worse then that? I don't care how many goals he scores at club level, at international level he struggles and the facts support that. So I'm not sure where this uneducated part comes into it but thank you for your ignorant based comment.

Reply #142071 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

he does alot of the ball and frees up other players look at two uraguay qualifiers every time it went forward two defenders went to him allowing freedom to others.

his passion for the green and gold cannot be disputed when others players wouldnt comeback for friendlys and qualifiers he was the first to come

Reply #142075 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Viduka is incredibly valuable to Australia, in basketball terms, he is regularly double teamed, he "sets Screens" and others feed from his assists...to judge him entirley based on goals scored is uninformed and unfair (IMO)

Reply #142146 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

viduka scores one of the best controled goals whilst double team to put aus 2 - 0 up against the momentum but hes just a overated players isnt he ?

Reply #142178 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thomo, Murali gets wickets against Bangladesh, Viduka gets goals against Thailand?

Reply #142190 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

bahahaha...viduka got us through to the next round...the Thais were crushed by him and his goals.

Players need to be judged for more than just the "stats"

Reply #142256 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Please, The guy scores goals against the 122nd ranked team in the world and you want to praise him?

Here is his other great goals that you can praise him for
2 against Singapore Ranked 131
2 against Solomon Islands Ranked 171
1 against Iraq Ranked 84
2 against Thailand 122

7 of his 11 goals (Cant be bothered finding the other 4)

Yes what a quality International Striker :P

Reply #142267 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

yup...the biggest game of the tounament (so far), and he picks up 2 goals to ensure our progression. I will praise him for that.

Tim Cahill, still the most valuable we have.
Harry Kewell, still the most exciting we have.
Mark Viduka, still the most likely to cause panic in the opposition defense.

Give the man a break, its not only about goals, look at when he runs or receives, always 2 defenders on him, opening space for cahil and cool. Show me a better option in australia's stocks??

You will be thanking him, when hes responsible for getting us through to the next round.... again.

Reply #142275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754