skip
Years ago

Summer League - Rockets V Kings

Almost the end of the 1st quarter and 9 rockets have hit the floor but Newley aint one of them.

Kings lead 25 - 19

Topic #12166 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley didn't get to play. Maybe they've seen enough?

Up until that game Brad has averaged 18 minutes, that ranks him 5th in minutes per game, on that squad.

However he ranks 11th out of 14 (15 players listed but one player pulled out before SL began) in points per game.

Reply #142037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just found out he'd already left Summer League to join the Boomers. That's why he didn't play.

Reply #142038 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

oh....

Reply #142040 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

well that really spells euro or 36ers now. I would think it would be euro, just cos its a tier above what he has been playing here. He needs tougher comp to develop his skills further and you would doubt he could really get that here.

Reply #142041 | Report this post

spectator  
Years ago

Unless Newley has a European passport he would have to play as an import in a Euro league. This would be unlikely. Most Australians who play in Europe have European passports.

Reply #142045 | Report this post

another fan  
Years ago

If he was a forward they would want him in Europe, but as he is a guard they would want him in a comp where he regularly has the opportunity to guard quick guards.

He will play here ahead of Europe.

Reply #142058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive Newley will play in Adelaide and the NBL. The Rockets heirachy have already noted that the NBL is an offensively dominated league, therefore I dont think they would have any hesitation in letting him play here and work on his defence in such an offensive orientated league. They will then keep a close eye on his progress and reassess at seasons end.

Reply #142095 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754