Interested
Years ago

How did the Bearcats Carnival Go?

How did the Bearcats Carnival go? What did People think? was it better than the Barossa Carnival? Will it be going next year?

Topic #12175 | Report this topic

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Seemed to run very smoothly. Obviously a lot of West teams, but a good number of other district clubs played. Most of umpires were young (not counting the legend himself- JL)and kept with the fun atmosphere of the weekend.
Hopefully it will continue and obviously grow from this year

Reply #142115 | Report this post

J Lo  
Years ago

so a cameo from JL !
wish i had gone.

Reply #142119 | Report this post

ok  
Years ago

Seemed to be run fairly smoothly.
You would have query the quality of some of the teams, Most of the top clubs seem to have composite lower divisions playing. Easy pickings for some.
Probably hard to get the top teams involved over holidays, most enjoying the break after the Classics, Nunawadding,Ballarat, Mildura etc.
Excellent for the kids who do not usually get into a grandfinal. So nice moral booster.

Reply #142136 | Report this post

moral or morale ?

grammar police

Reply #142141 | Report this post

ok  
Years ago

Good point....morale....what about the content. Did you go, what were

Reply #142142 | Report this post

concerned citizen  
Years ago

Grammar police: when you ensure there's no space between the last word of the sentence and the concluding punctuation mark, and when you put an apostrophe in "Kerle's", then you can start pulling up others on their mistakes.

Until then, put your badge away, put your gun back in its holster, and mosey on out of here.

Reply #142149 | Report this post

it was my first carnival that I went to and seemed pretty well run. I didnt have any family competing but went along for a look with a view to sponsoring the tournament in the future. a couple of things I would suggest.

1. dont start games before the alloted time. I heard stories and would be happy to elaborate on this to the organisers.

2. have in place a grievance commitee and hear that grievance in a room away from the action. nothing worse than having an arguement on court about something that could be settled. heres a hint setup the committee with a member of each particapting club that way there can be no percieved bias.

3. have two umpires in charge that way if one is unavailable for a time then at least somethng can be dealt with quickly and the game can continue.

4. you need something to encourage the poor teams that got absolutely flogged on the weekend. maybe a special trophy for them. i saw some teams get flogged by 50-60 points but they kept trying.

5. the umpires did well in tough circumstances, only criticism i had was there was a couple of times players where writhing in agony after being injured and no injury time out called. come on guys if you give the coaches a bit of time to move the player without getting caught up in it all then i think its better for all concerned. somebody else is going to get injured trying to avoid the injured player on the court.

all in all the games started fairly well on time there was some great basketball action(i would love to have a couple of blocks i saw on tape they were great) and i think all the kids had a great time.

i look forward to next years carnival

chris king

The Photoball Kings
You capture the moment we create the memento
www.thephotoballkings.com
041 33 999 57

Reply #142166 | Report this post

Squizzy  
Years ago

J Lo,

JL was in superb form & a pleasure to watch. For the highlight reel we witnessed some of the trademark moves including the "Dirty Harry" & the "keno barrel". For entertainment value he is difficult to beat.

From my perspective the carnival was well organised & was a success.There were a few small dramas determining who was playing in which final etc but these were minor in the overall scheme of things.

Reply #142228 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Squizzy,

This will bring a tear to your eye...
The one and only JL has been injured. Yes, in agony at the end of court 2 during the 16B final.

According to team doctors, JL has torn his achilles and wont be gracing the courts for some time.

Get better big fella.

PS - at least it wont affect any future MC Lawrence gigs at Marion.

Who will step up in his absence?

Reply #142281 | Report this post

squizzy  
Years ago

Neptuneboy,

Yes I am devastated. Is anyone on the site well connected enough to Alexander Downer to see if he is available to sing the National Anthem at the ABA grand final?

Mind you it is only his achilles tendon & not has vocal cords, which rumour has it are insured with Lloyd's of London for $2M.

Reply #142338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754