TR
Years ago

KG to Boston..... Done

KG to Boston has resurfaced again.

A trio of KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen will win the East hands down.

Boston would have to give up Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo and Theo Ratliff. Additional players or picks maybe needed by the Celtics.

If I'm Danny A and Doc then I'm doing this deal. Screw the future and lets win now...

KG's biggest gripe about the original trade was that Wally was already in Boston. Wally's gone and you'd think with that trio Boston become contenders.

"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."

Link

(Mod: Changed title now the deal is done)

Topic #12308 | Report this topic

Ak-47  
Years ago

That would be huge for Boston although if they dont win now their future is going to be hell and they will be looking at some lottery picks for a few years.

Id also do this if i were the t wolves guys like Jefferson and Rondo look like they should be good and a few additional picks (assuming they will be first round) should help the franchise take a big step in the rebuilding phrase.

Reply #143408 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Pull the trigger danny ainge the future is now the East is so wide open with KG in the mix Boston will be a contender and sell out every game and the fans will forgive your past failings

Reply #143411 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Hows KG gonna get any shots with the Black Hole...Ray Allen on his team

Reply #143427 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

they will all have to check their ego and realise if they spread the shots they are going to have a run at it. I think it will work as its the best chance all the guys have had at getting a ring. Its sad to see big al go though, but hopefully somehow this can get pierce some more attention/credit which he is due.

Reply #143437 | Report this post

wont happen

Reply #143439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is one of those trades, that for Boston looks really good on paper but won't be the quick fix it seems to be.

Heck they would be better, but do these guys fit together? Who's going to run the point and do a decent job of distributing to the big 3? Who's going to help Garnett up front?

Reply #143441 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Warning, possible endless babble alert with poor English/I am very tired, skip if you want..! This trade has been on again/off again for basically the whole offseason, but seems to have gained momentum in the past 48 hours or so again. One of the main reasons I had not dismissed further trades since the Ray Allen trade was we hadn't signed any of our draft picks from this past draft yet..

The negative/positive argument seems to be based on 'mortgaging the future' to 'dude, its KG, you do what you can to get him'. A lot of fans get really attached to their young players thinking they will be the next MJ, Lebron, Shaq etc and are reluctant to trade on the 'what if player x becomes a superstar, then we will look daft in years to come etc' premise, and I think this is the case with many Celtics fans and Al Jeff and to some extent Rondo. Both players have the potential to be v good/ borderline allstars imho but this would take time, time which the Celtics probably don't have with Pierce and Allen now. With the trade for Ray Allen it was probably the biggest indication that the organisation were willing to make a move for 'winning now' rather than 'develop for the future' (they could have just been trying to appease PP though J) .

To get KG without giving up PP or Allen just seems the safer route for me. Sure, Al Jeff broke out a bit last year, but the bottom line was it on was a lottery team. I still think he will be a very good player, but whether he gets to a KG or anywhere near a KG type standard player is a burning question. There is also Ratliffs massive expiring contract which will be very valuable and sought after in trade talks. Then you have some good 'potential players' such as Rondo and Green, but then there is the risk of turning into the LA Clippers of the 1990's, decent/good young players/draft picks but no real blue chips and the rebuilding process will not end up being worth it.

Bottom line I say the Celtics should go for it. Screw rebuilding if you can have KG, PP and Ray Allen on the same team, this team on paper would be great in the east and would gain massive attention throughout the league. MJ won his first title around the age of 28 I think, no reason why a team with those 3 superstars on it couldn't seriously contend for the Championship, or at the least, be better than Chicago.

Reply #143442 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Supposedly the deal that has been finalised is KG for Jefferson, Green, Ratliff, Gomes and a future 1st round pick. Alot to give up, but The Big Ticket, The Truth and RayRay should make a formidable treo if they stay healthy.

Reply #143454 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DEal is done
http://www.nba.com/nba_news/Garnett_Celtics_070730.html

Reply #143455 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

That article is not saying it is done Kent - they still have to agree on terms & players and whether Boston will give them a draft pick.

This trade only works for Boston if (and that is a big if) all 3 of them (KG, Allen and Pierce) stay injury free ... otherwise they will be lottery bound again ... and they will likely have to give their pick to Minnesota anyway. Could be a huge gamble.

They also have to hope that Rondo develops into a decent floor leader (which all signs say he will). What if he is just solid and not much more.

Alternatley (and this is just a quick thought) if Boston had kept their pick (drafted say Brewer) - they would have Rondo, Pierce, Brewer, Jefferson and Perkins. Wally, Allen, Big Baby, West, Telfair and Green + a massive expiring contract in Theo Ratliff.

All they needed to do is see this season out - go back to the lottery (which is looking stacked again for 2009), use the Ratliff money to get a decent free agent and then you could have another run at it if they drafted well.

Huge gamble ... if it comes off Ainge looks like a genius ... if it doesn't they have traded a future multiple all star in Jefferson, a potential player in Green, a pick and the Ratliff money for 2 dudes in their declining years and then they are f'd for the next 5 years as they rebuild again

Reply #143458 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I meant 2008 draft not 2009 sorry - getting ahead of myself

Reply #143461 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Deal is done - Garnett in Green

Reply #143467 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

"Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday...The teams still had some things to clarify with the players' contracts, but the official said that would not keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, although there could be a change in the players ticketed for the Timberwolves."

Sorry SVD but that sounds like the deal is done to me.

Reply #143468 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The deal is done Kent - did you see the link above?

Reply #143470 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Yes Bizzy trying to show SVD that the article he said did not say the deal was done actual did say it was done, if you know what i mean.

Reply #143475 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only major loss I see for the Celtics is Jefferson (going by Bizzy's article of players mentioned).

Telfair isn't a loss, he was out anyway after the firearm issue, Green whilst having a tonne of potential hasn't done much, and wasn't going to get much time behind Allen and PP (I think he'll kill it with Sota). Theo has a nice expiring contract, but didn't played ball last season and hasn't done a cracker since leaving Philly in 2000.

A draft pick, oh well, fingers crossed they won't need it next year or in 2009. I think the 2008 is looking average (IMO). Outside of Rose, Beasley, Batum and Mayo I can't see a lot there.

End of the day they got an potential HoF'er, a veteran All-Star and league MVP and probably have the best trio in the NBA.

I work with a retarded Nets support who still can't accept that Boston's trio is better than the Nets trio.

On another note Ogilvy is now being suggested as a lottery pick in 2008...

Reply #143477 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

If we are quibbling on semantics it is not done ... but yes for all intents and purposes I guess it is all but done ... KG is going to Boston.

Reply #143478 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

TR, I still can't get over your statement: "End of the day they got an potential HoF'er, a veteran All-Star and league MVP and probably have the best trio in the NBA"

So you are saying they are immediately better than Parker, Ginobili and Duncan??? Better than Nash, Stoudamire and Marion???C'mon, Allen's productivity is dropping off, although he may have 2 more years left in him. Okay, Garnett is a guaranteed all-star and HoF'er. Pierce is a borderline all-star at best. He is a good player, but not great!

So, i think they POTENTIALLY have the third best trio in the NBA, but so far unproven. Pierce may start whining and want the ball more? Allen has been allowed to jack as many 3's as he wants, can he pull it back???

I for one will be watchin to see how it goes!

Reply #143481 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Or the Lakers trio of Kobe, Kobe and Kobe

Reply #143486 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Or 3 of the 12 small forwards the Hawks have

Reply #143489 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I did say probably, not definitely, and in my mind as a trio they are on par with the Suns and Spurs trio.

Ray Allen had his best year last year. I think Allen is a better player than Marion. Marion statistically is better, but I'd take Jesus Shuttlesworth's game. I'd be happy to let Marion take as many jumpers as he wants, can't say that for Allen.

The only player on the Spurs trio that continuously gets a double team is Duncan. Ginobili and Parker dont get doubled very often. I'd also let Parker shot from the arc as much as he likes. Can't say the same for PP or Allen.

As a coach, I'd be happy to play Ginobili and Parker one on one and double Duncan.

The Suns are a little different, have to double Amare in the block and pray to god that he can't pass out and hit Nash. I'd let Marion shot all day from the arc.

Now to Boston. PP, Allen and KG all command double teams. PP and Allen will kill you from the arc. They all compliment each other well. KG with his mid range/low block game, PP with his mid range/outside game and Allen with his outside game.

All three are veterans and probably realise that this is all their last chance for a ring and will pull it together.

This year is playoffs and a run at the Conference finals. Next year is the year. At the moment the roster is a little thin. If they can sign a good MLE free agent next year (players will come to play at a discount for the chance to play with KG, PP and Allen) and a vet backup point guard and Boston may get it's 17 championship trophy.

PP is vastly underrated by many.

Any trio with 'The Truth', 'Shuttlesworth' and 'The Kid' is going to be elite.

Reply #143490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted someone mentioning that the Timberwolves website, over the last day or so has gone from very heavily promoting one Kevin Garnett to barely showing him at all.

Reply #143492 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

oh well now mini is Corey Brewers team

Reply #143509 | Report this post

Will this team beat chicago? Chicago have too many good perimetre players. KG has no one inside to shut down.

Ainge has traded away half their players, and the supporting cast is the worst the NBAs going to ever see

And i'll believe this trade when Garnett is interviewed

Reply #143515 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac,
just looked, and there is not pictures, or even a mention of him at all..

However, found an interview with Schenscher..

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/cheers_mate_070716.html

Reply #143519 | Report this post

Years ago

supporting cast elg? as in kg's supporting cast? ray ray? pierce? thats enough for me, rondo is a good young point guard to

"KG has no one inside to shut down. "

what does that mean?

Reply #143522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive been a Celtics fan since 1992 & i luv this team to death...long story short..The trade will make the Celts a better team..& they only have 3yrs max to win a title..they lose Big Al..which hurts them + the other young guys...A big risk to take for Danny Ainge...the problem is they do need support from the rest of the squad & that mite take sum time..so i dont think they can win it this yr but maybe 08/09 season could be better as other players from the league may waat to join aswell...only time will tell..fingers crossed it'll work because afta 3yrs the Celts maybe dead for 5-10yrs after that.....

Reply #143523 | Report this post

It means that garnett, being their only good defender, will have no one to defend, his talents wasted.

And you cant win with three players!

Reply #143528 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Bon voyage KG - thanks for the memories (having been outraged at Minny wasing a lottery pick in '95 on him, to watching him (along with other players as well it must be noted) turn the Wolves for at least one season into an elite team)... Minny had better (and by better i mean - anyone else is out of the question) get Green and Jefferson (plus the expiring contracts of the living dead + the 1st rounder) - otherwise they have been robbed...

Reply #143534 | Report this post

Years ago

it can in the east elg...

especially when those three players are hungry all-stars...if u think kg isnt surrounded by talent, than u must think a lot of nba teams stink, including the nba finalist cavaliers team (what does lebron say when someone asks whose ur 2nd best player?)

and wtf? the defending thing? if kg has no one to guard...isnt that a good thing? no fatigue to dominate on offense, and no low post threats in the east...? thats a f#*&@ng weird call mate

Reply #143535 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This is a trade Ainge had to make to save himself, Doc Rivers and the franchise....

If the move fails, Ainge is sacked and someone else cleans up the mess. In some ways Ainge can't lose. KG, PP and RayRay explode and take the Celtics to the Finals then it makes Ainge look like a miracle worker. If they bust Ainge is on the welfare but doesn't have to clean up his mess.

I'm wondering if Kevin McHale wears his old Celtic jersey under his suit when he goes to work.

Rondo is going to be a great defensive past first point guard, and if Perkins can get his injuries sorted, Powell is turning into another Paul Millsap, Tony Allen is back and Big Baby will get some burn then things will be ok.

Maybe a chance for Ben Pepper to crack the league... Boston still own his rights :)

Reply #143536 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

couldn't have put it better myself '...'
put simply..i doubt doc rivers will be pacing up and down the locker room prior to tip off against the bulls..thinking..."oohhhh no...shiiit....what am i going to do with KG, he has NOONE to guard...does anyone have a white flag?"

Reply #143537 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Just to back SVD up, the deal wasn't/still isn't OFFICIALLY done yet, I don't think? Both parties still need to come to a final agreement. Which I think is all he was trying to say?

I san't be bothered reading through EVERYTHING that's been posted, so if someone already brought this up, I apologize. But for those that don't think this group will be able to put their egos aside, why do you think that KG is going to Boston? The guy wants to win, and I'm sure he doesn't care about being the first option for this group, just as long as they're winning.

If he just wanted to be THE MAN, than he would've stayed in Minny. And I'm sure that PP and Allen understand that they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs if they can play well together. I think that all three of these guys are at the point in the their careers where they just wanna get a ring or two. Not necessarily worry about the numbers they put up.

Reply #143543 | Report this post

So you want your best defender guarding ben wallace do you? I thought you use your tools, not waste them. Tell me the lineup vs Heinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Deng, Thomas. KG has no one to guard

Reply #143552 | Report this post

Good luck dominating vs Ben wallace too. KG isnt shaq/duncan

Reply #143554 | Report this post

arny  
Years ago

Boston's bringing sexy back with the KG deal now being oficial. KG is moving to boston in exchange for a small army of young x celts that includes Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, The Ratliff and Gerald Green (which IMO is a questionable deal). there's probably about a 5 year window for the celtics to make this work. I don't know, they probably now have the east on lock but as far as the title goes, those Western Conference teams are the real deal.

Reply #143556 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

elg, I'm not understanding your KG v Bulls v Defence theory. It's early in the morning and I'm a little slow, but why would KG fear guarding Wallace?? Wallace is so awful on offense so what if he get 6-8 points points on put-backs and tip-ins.

I think you'll find KG doesn't have any fear of the current Wallace. Big Ben today isn't the Big Ben of 3-4 years ago.

I'd think you'd find that Kendrick Perkins will be the one manning the middle for the Celtics and guarding Big Ben. Perkins is good, young defensive centre.

Reply #143562 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is Bill's take on the KG draft, amusing read...

Even Bill's dad said they had to do it which means it's a great trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730

Reply #143567 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

rrrrrrriiiiiiighttttttt....

ELG..SO WHAT if he doesnt have to guard anyone...what are u on about? seriously? isnt not having anyone to guard a good thing? a GREAT thing? do u have any basketball experience or knowledge at all? i mean...im trying to imagine a scenario where a coach...with his best player...starts panicking...because (wait for it)...he has no one good at scoring matching up with him..thats what ur saying? in other words ur teams in trouble if the other team doesnt have a good big man...what? WHAT??!

and if this tradgic disaster of having no one to guard does come up - if theres such a thing - then he will still change the other teams offense because he will he a huuuuge factor inside..and will stop a lot of people driving and scoring inside

Reply #143575 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Well after trading away the 5th pick, they had to go for veterans. They had no choice!!!

I see them only having 3 years to get it done.

And I also don't understand your thoery, ELG?? If KG has no one to guard because he is such a good defender, that is a positive thing!!! What, you'd rather have KG be a poor defender and therefore have someone to guard???

Reply #143578 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

The Trio is clearly the best in the East and they have a good chance to take a championship maybe not this year but next.
Bit weak of the bench but the trio will spend lots of time on the court.

Reply #143580 | Report this post

Years ago

yeah they can pretty much throw their bench in the dumpster

ps - lol, yeah it was a strange statement elg

Reply #143584 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I can get what ELG's saying: you want your best defender matching up against the opponents best scorer, but with chitown, all their best scorer's are outside - so KGs defensive skills are wasted on the bulls fifth offensive option .. BUT this is not necessarily a negative: the way I see it, if the player he's matched on is cruddy, then he has more opportunity to play help D, he has even more of a lockdown on the keyway, so you're FORCING the bulls to shoot outside - and you alter your D to make the 3s as hard as possible ... and as others already pointed out - if he doesn't have to do too much on D, he's fresher to attack them on offence.

Reply #143585 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I'd much rather my wing guys playing in Gordon and Hinrich's face and forcing them to score at the rim OVER Kevin Garnett, then KG having to guard a low post threat all game.

Reply #143586 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

since when is Ben Wallace a low post threat????

and wouldn't the likely match up be Kendrick Perkins on Wallace with KG at the 4 providing the help defence.

Reply #143587 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

So who might be prepared to sign for minimal money with the Celtics for a year, to try and get a chance at a ring?

I have used insidehoops.com list of free agents and come up with the following names.

Guards - Brevin Knight, Jeff McInnis, Eddie Jones
Guard/Forward - Derek Anderson, Jalen Rose, Ruben Paterson
Forward - Austin Croshere, Matt Barnes
Forward/Centre - Chris Webber, Brian Skinner.

Any other likely candidates?

On previous reputations if Boston are looking for Veterans with minimal baggage I think Brevin Kinght, Austin Croshere & Brian Skinner are the best choices

Reply #143588 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, but Brevin Knight is the only one of those 3 veterans that has any game...

Webber would be a good fit, with his passing out of the post to the wing players..Barnes would be good as well.

Reply #143591 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

On paper they may best be the team in the east on paper but no one can really judge until they see them play on the court. its all about chemistry.

they are all over 30 lol, if they aint got a championship in the next 4 years (which is unlikely), the celtics are gonna have absoloutely no one to bring up in the future. I believe they traded their two first round draft picks away aswell. Looks like after KG, Ray and Pierce their future is rajon rondo to baby shaq lol.

The bulls future is looking a lot brighter than the celtics franchise. If they can get around 15 points a game from tyrus thomas then i dont think boston stand a chance, Chicago's team play and defence is just too good.

But then again, KG got 'sota to the western conference finals with just sprewell and cassell so it should be a very interesting year. Hoping for a bulls boston ECF!

Reply #143592 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bulls will still win..

Reply #143602 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Two names they have come in for Boston are Troy Hudson and James Posey.

Barnes and Patterson have game. Patterson was the most constant player for the Bucks last year and Barnes helped GSW a lot last year. Problem for both players are that they are Fegan clients..

Skinner would be a great pickup, not overly talented but a pretty solid defender and role player.

Im taking the Celtics over the Bulls...

Reply #143608 | Report this post

sigh

What im trying to say is, KG is going to be following around Ben wallace on the perimetre (if i were scott skiles, i would have ben wallace setting as many picks on the perimetre as possible), leaving no help D, and taking away his rebounding. And with wallace on him, theres no way he's getting 30-40 pts and completely killing the bulls. KG has no one to match up on.

and jules, yes i have lots of basketball experience, including which i gather in real life, playing real likfe basketball, not reading from the internet.

Reply #143609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont all jump on the Celtic bandwagon now. Our new trio all championship hungry will be using this opportunity as a last chance bid to get the larry o'brien trophy. and the celtics will be adding to their rafters on the back of their last chances to win. look for the celtics to get a huge single season turnaround, like when bird joined the celtics a long time ago.

and like soem dude said up top, there will be a few other vets lookin to play for the celtics in a bid to win a ring too. even if its a veterans exception , like what grant hill did with the suns. if the celtics can do that with a couple of pg's or even a 3/4 man to back up pp and kg, and even a guard/forward like posey to back up as a 2/3 man.

I'm thinking celtics will play finals this year easily. im thinking at least conference semis if not conference finals. These guys know they have little time, so gelling will be the most important thing.

dont say i repeated some stuff cos i only read the first 5-6 posts anyway.

Reply #143610 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

aha - i love the 'sigh' - implying that WE are the stupid ones..

what is ur obession with that me on the internet call? first off - its not funny, its not clever or witty, it makes no sense (doesnt the whole world use the internet? how do we find out news? how is every thread pretty much on this forum started?) (oh..and ive played basketball my entire life)...and we've already covered this.uve posted 1000 times and yet u still call me the one who needs to get out...so an explaination of the constant use of that call and what exactly it means would be nice...

and i dont think kg would be following big ben out on the perimetre...and with ur basketball experience...surely uve noted that ITS A GOOD THING TO HAVE NO ONE GOOD ENOUGH TO 'GUARD'...this wasted talent u keep saying? its not wasted if u dont need it - those wing guys like gordon and hinrich have nothing to do with kg..AT ALL...hes in the top 5 in the game..i think he'll find a way to be useful and not let ben wallace's lack of offensive ability get in his way

Reply #143616 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Looks like KG had to give up a little here as well...

Garnett liked the idea so much he gave the Celtics something of a discount when he subsequently signed an extension.

Based on salary figures obtained by ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Garnett signed a three-year extension worth just over $51 million, with $8.8 million in trade bonuses that take the overall value of the extension to $60 million. Garnett eliminated the early termination portion of his contract as part of the transaction and will see that trade kicker spread out evenly over the next five seasons.

The three-year extension breaks down to earnings of $14.7 million in the 2009-10 season, $17.1 million in 2010-11 and $19.5 million in 2011-12. Garnett was already scheduled to earn $22 million and $23 million over the next two seasons.

Got to love this quote as well, probably only Isaac could relate to it, albeit a different car:

"It's like being in a Lamborghini doing 200 [mph] with your head stuck out the window," Garnett said. "It's been like a whirlwind the last 72 hours."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2956103

Reply #143618 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That's a lot of biscuit to be paying in his final year. Will KG in five years be worth close to $20 mill??? At the end of his contract he be a 17 year NBA vet.

The contract issues aren't as disgusting as I first thought (they are still not good, but workable).

Allen comes of the books in 2009/2010 ($19 mill)

PP comes of the books in 2010/2011 ($21 mill)

KG comes of the books in 2011/2012 ($19.5 mill).

Keep the trio for the next three seasons (they all should be competitive) and if it sucks then you have good contracts which expire, let them lapse and you have nice cap room or use as trade bait.

Reply #143619 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Way into luxury tax territory though, who owns the Celts these days?

Reply #143622 | Report this post

So you would let Ben wallace set screens all day for some of the best shooters in the world, Ben gordon, Kirk heinrich, while KG sits in the paint?

Reply #143646 | Report this post

Years ago

drop it elg you are wrong

Reply #143650 | Report this post

The Iceman  
Years ago

I agree with everything ELG has said tho they have a better trio then Phoenix now

Reply #143658 | Report this post

Years ago

sounds like u have the same brain matter as elg to

Reply #143659 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Do we forget we are talking about one of the greatest power forwards of all time, and one of the best players in the whole league? KG is still KG no matter who he's matching up on, and he's still going to go out there and play like he always has. Can you guys remember a box score where he didnt get 20 and 10 i sure know i cant.

Reply #143661 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Oh yeh KG's games against Chicago last season:

26 points 14 boards 8 assists

18 points 11 boards 8 assists

Bulls won the season series 2-0

Well there goes that theory :P

Reply #143663 | Report this post

All i'm saying is that Boston still cant play perimetre defense, with the addition of KG and Allen, Chicago being a team that is ALL shooters. Chicago need an off night and boston need Allen, Pierce and KG all firing for boston to have a chance.

But i guess we'll see

Reply #143665 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Best shooters in the world!!! Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich!!! Are you serious!!! Gordon is good, but a volume shooter and Hinrich is ok.

I'll counter that with Paul Pierce and Ray Allan thankyou....

Forget the %, remember that Pierce and Allan have been facing double teams for years and have carried their respective clubs. Hinrich has never seen a double.

I'll give kudos to Gordon as he usually has the oppositions best guard defender on him, but to say they are some of the best shooters in the world is stretching it.

Reply #143671 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Boston have signed Eddie House and former Tar Heel Jackie Manuel. Expect Ryan Gomes to be back with the Celtics when the T'Wolves sort their roster out. Makes the trade look that bit sweeter for the Celtics. I love it how free agents now want to come to Boston :-)

Reply #143742 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754