Stats Room
Years ago

Panthers Back to Back in Reserves

Well done to the Panthers on going back to back with a 69-52 win over Southern tonight.
Congrats to the 6 returnees, Doug Hudson, Steve Williams, Mark Fuller, Tom McKenzie, Jeremy Read & Damian Coffey & also to the first timers, Ben Scott, Sam Harding & Jarrad Hirst.
Great Caoching job tonight too to Abby Williams.
Both years South have managed to turn the tables on the team that defeated them in the semi-finals. Well done Boys & Girl.

Topic #12588 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won in the womens game?

Reply #146522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West won the womens game

Reply #146524 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Well done boys, congrats abs. D

Reply #146533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they should've seeing they had two regular ABL starters playing (who they deliberately didn't start in just enough games just so they could qualify for reserves). All well and good if your priority is to keep winning reserves finals and keep missing out on ABL finals altogether.

Credit to the South players tho - upset West to get to the final and then upset Southern. Beware the curse of the two weeks off!

Reply #146536 | Report this post

Stats Room  
Years ago

So Matt Clarke, Tim Hodges, Ryan Franchesinis, Tristan Braithwaite & Shane Boal aren't or haven't been ABL starters????

Reply #146541 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

As Chopper would say: Winge, Winge F#ckin Winge...

Reply #146542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just going on this season's form. It would be hard to argue that T-Mac and Fuller weren't the Panthers 3rd and 4th best players this year (behind Scanlon and Pilks). For Southern you have Lalic, Gerlach, Bowley, B. Hodges and J. Wood (imagine if 2 or 3 of them had been able to play).

Just an observation really. Part of panthers problem was guys coming in and out at ABL level (Carter, Kos, Ahmatt, Smith, Frost). Probably all of the reserves guys (except T-Mac) are genuine reserves players. It was more a dig at the South ABL team - they need to do some serious recruiting to be a chance at re-living the glory days.

BTW - what happened to Braithwaite? Probably their best player last year and now comes off the bench in reserves?

Reply #146544 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

seriously, who cares?

Reply #146548 | Report this post

Dog  
Years ago

Anon, If the difference was Fuller and TMAC dropping down in just enough reserves games to play finals (which is 50% of games played) then how did south still end up second at the end of regular season play? These guys wernt around for half the season.

Reply #146551 | Report this post

ASIO Agent  
Years ago

Tristan has a major attitude problem and need to get his head into gear quick smart.

Paul Smith played well I thought, surprising why this kid doesn't get more minutes in ABL.

Southern were so focused on shutting Tmac down they forgot to look at Fuller and by the time they did it was to late, he was already on a role.

In the end great job from South.

Reply #146554 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

At the end of the day no one (bar Paul Smith) stepped up for Southern and was counted - on the other hand South had guys step up at various times and make a big difference - Steve Williams, Mark Fuller and Doug Hudson (for his D and putting his arse on the line) all made big contributions and that was the difference

Reply #146555 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

I FIND IT AMAZING THAT THIS THREAD ACTUALLY EXISTS AND PEOPLE WANT TO ARGUE ON IT. AFTER ALL IT IS ONLY RESERVE GRADE. NO ONE CARES!

Reply #146557 | Report this post

Stats Room  
Years ago

ANON #146557

Don't tell me, a Sturt or Forestville supporter, who is still in shock his team didn't make the ABL Grand Final.

If you think this thread is pointless,
WHY READ IT!
NEVER MIND ABOUT WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING IN IT!

Besides what other Basketball games are there to talk about, during the break between ABL & NBL?

Back to the game, was very surprised that Braithwaite didn't start in the 3rd quarter, as he was a big key in Tigers 16-2 run to close out the 2nd quarter.

Reply #146558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the last few weeks a lot of people were talking Adam Peck up (maybe Adam himself??) as a possible ABL coach. What about Abby? She has had a pretty good start to her coaching career. Maybe she could be the next Tracey york and coach a Men's ABL team one day.

Reply #146559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South just out played southern. Southern just couldnt get it together, Smith played well all game. Brown did ok in the last but apart from that very disapointing

Reply #146570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braithwaite might of been their best player last year but a 20 week injury in the off season and then missing half of the aba season with basically the same injury didnt help, now it looks like he is just struggling for form I guess

Reply #146573 | Report this post

ASIO agent
Before I get torn apart, I admit I hardly ever see Southern play and I only know Tristan as an aquaintance but I always thought he was actually a pretty quiet guy so not sure how he has an attitude problem, and I didnt really see it last night? But again you may be closer to the club than myself but just not sure what you mean?

Reply #146578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PHIL BROWN IS OVERRATED!!!!

Reply #146608 | Report this post

DUDE  
Years ago

PANTHER_WHAAAA!

Reply #146610 | Report this post

number2  
Years ago

Are we meant to respond when someone says Panther Whaaa?! Or do we stand their in an awkward silence like last night. Haha.

Reply #146619 | Report this post

number1  
Years ago

We will have to work on the response to Panther Whaaa. Perhaps just put something out there, and if we dont like it, we can send it back.

Remember: Sex Panther, its made from real panther bits, so you know its good.

60% of the time, it works everytime!

Reply #146650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if abby ever becomes an ABL head coach, ill run for prime minister

Reply #146727 | Report this post

number2  
Years ago

Number1, that doesn't make any sense.
Agree to disagree. So who's running for PM?
Congrats to all the boys this year who put in the efforts on the track. Also to Abby for her first season, not a bad way to start. Thanks to the supporters for coming out and watching Fuller dominate. Big thanks to Lyn for all her help during the season with uniforms and scoring. And thanks to Kobe and his little bro Wolverine for the sweet DVD of the game.

Reply #146733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754