PE student
Years ago

Skins Personal Prefrence

Hey guys part of my year 12 pe course is to study whether skins products really have a large effect on recovery and performance.

What do you guys think?

Topic #12652 | Report this topic

PE student  
Years ago

ALso includes any compressing gear from any brand not just skins. NIke Adidas and Under Armour for example

Reply #147316 | Report this post

Ref 23  
Years ago

I find that the Nike Pro long panst work very well.

Reply #147326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skins work well as do linebreaks they are extremely similar

Reply #147332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow this is going to be one hell of an assignment.

"Do skins or other products help recovery during and after sport?

Yes"

Reply #147337 | Report this post

PE student  
Years ago

Nah you wld be suprized at the amount of ppl who see negatives in skins. This is only one major part of a massive assignemnt its liek do they give an unfair advantage and stuff. JUst needed other opinions outside of my club and school

Reply #147379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suggest you find good information on the compressing affects on the interstitial tissue, affect differences of blood vessel pressure versus tissue pressure, lymphatic vessels operation and their motoricity activity stimulus, and how the combination thereof, benefits everyone, not just athletes.

Reply #147387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hav a chat to don shipway he knows alot on this subject and is a major supporter

Reply #147391 | Report this post

Matt Wens  
Years ago

*Toots dons horn too*, nice post don.... lol

Reply #147405 | Report this post

all4it  
Years ago

Im in favour of my skin!

Reply #147411 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

luv hittin the skins , whenever possible , cant get enough of those skins . They do make you tired and hungry though . Yeeaaawwwnnn

Reply #147427 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Suggest that if you intend using a "personal preference" in your report, that you design an approriate survey that can clearly define what is good and or bad about compression garments - get 50-100 sports people to fill it out. That way you have some contol over the area's that you want to address.
Approach sports clubs (i'm thinking NBL, NWBL, AFL, National Netball League) with your survey,they may be interested in the data and could help with the questions.

Reply #147428 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I've heard that they are good for long flights/car trips etc.
To reduce the risk of DVT!

But I found that after a long flight my legs felt lathargic (spell check) and quite shaky.
(More so than usually)

Might just be me, but personally I wouldn't recomend them for that purpose!

Reply #147445 | Report this post

WSU  
Years ago

yeah skins hell improve performance i can jump 10 cm better in skins

Reply #147459 | Report this post

WHAT THE!  
Years ago

WSU - r u 4 real!

Reply #148614 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754