curious
Years ago

Div 1 Games at Pas/Dome only

Reading Boti this morning he was saying that all Metro games will be played only at Pasadena or the Dome, going away from the home and away format. Does this apply to seniors or juniors?

Topic #12735 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think he is referring to ABL level curious.

Reply #148324 | Report this post

mm  
Years ago

Great,

Good idea for Sturt. What about the other clubs that want to get their junior teams out to support their senior teams. Can't they just play some games in the outer suburbs too?

Reply #148329 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

sounds like crap to me keep it at home and away too few clubs will benefit from this eg No Bar No Bbq raffles etc hands off

Reply #148336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the summer season EVER been home and away?

I thought all the games (at least back a couple of years ago when involved) was at Dome or Wayville.

I thought social was everywhere else?

Reply #148337 | Report this post

Blue Max  
Years ago

I support my team at home (Wayville)and most of that support is over the bar.

See ya to the ABL if thats the case.

I will find some other way to spend my hard earned.

Reply #148344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are not talking about the ABL as far as I know - only the summer season.

Reply #148347 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Over the summer season it has been spread out over a number of different stadiums, Hillcrest, Noarlunga, Wayville, Marion and of course Pasadena and the Dome.

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #148350 | Report this post

MIGhT AS WELL PLAY AT THE BEST STADIUMS - SERIOUSLY HILLcrest / marion arent up to scratch
sooner bsa starting some sort of rationalisation plan the better - maybe this is the start - more games at the dome - use it as much as possible - its an asset - might as well be used -
great floor / has seats what more do you want

Reply #148364 | Report this post

Jo Wo  
Years ago

If it is ABL I sure won't be supporting 2 club venues.Not too bad for me from a transport point of view but what about building club spirit?

Reply #148367 | Report this post

Normal Fan  
Years ago

When North play, and Dusty is in the lineup, games at Hillcrest are a joke because you just cannot get a seat.

Reply #148376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys you all need to settle down.

Instead of playing Metro League Division One games (normally somewhere between regular season ABL and Reserves standard) at whatever court is available, BasketballSA has decided to play them at the Dome and Pasadena.

This has nothing to do with Juniors. Has nothing to do with ABL.

Just chill out people!!

Reply #148381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA are stating they are going to reduce the cost of basketball for everyone.

They have just done the opposite for many of the Clubs that are either well South, North or in the Hills.

Not only do their players now have to travel every week they Stadiums are not going to receive the canteen profits which go back into the Club.

This decision has been made with no foresight for the betterment of basketball across the whole of the metropolitan area.

Reply #148398 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

It is the metro league afterall anon #148398.
If you're going to live `well south, north or east' of the city then you need to expect to have to travel. Put up and shut up, or move closer to town.
Next we'll have people living in Murray Bridge or Port Augusta or somewhere bitching that it is too far to travell to see an A-D-E-L-A-I-D-E 36ers game.

Reply #148419 | Report this post

Poor Beaver  
Years ago

I have lived in both Murray Bridge and Port Augusta & somewhere else and let me tell you; it is way to far to travel to A-D-E-L-A-I-D-E to see a 6ers game!

Reply #148436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great call William- move closer to the city. Maybe some of us like being out a bit where u can travel 5 mins and be in the countryside and 5 to the beach etc. Where do u expect us all to find houses anyway. Its supposed to be a metro league and at last look Seaford and Elizabeth were deemed to be in the greater metro area. And why is it fair for the outer stadiums to miss out on canteen/bar profits, bet i can guess what colours u support - blue appears I bet.

Reply #148484 | Report this post

william  
Years ago

yeah you got me there anon, I'm a big centrals fan.
Live where you want, I couldn't give a toss.
Just stop banging on about how hard done by you are.

Reply #148546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754