Ball Point Pen
Years ago

Phil's 700th Match

Was just on the NBL site and noticed that Smyth will be involved in his 700th NBL match as a player or coach: 356 played 344 coached.

Personally, I find it amazing that the 700 is spread so evenly between playing and coaching. For example, Goorjian is on 691, but that only includes 24 matches played.

He will become the second person ever to achiveve this milestone behind Alan Black who will achieve it remarkably only a few days earlier in the Carins v West Sydney game tonight.

Anyone here game enough to think that this was taken into consideration in regards to Smyth's coaching future?

Hopefully, the Sixers organisation make note of the achievevement before the game and it can be used as even more motivation for the boys to get a W.

Regardless, congratulations to Phil!!!

Topic #13331 | Report this topic

AllTheBestPhil  
Years ago

What a great opportunity for a testimonial match.... A last hurrah... Well done Phil on an awesome playing/coachng career!!! All the best for your future endeavours etc.

Reply #155652 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

..............And don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Reply #155655 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Now where have i seen that line before?

Reply #155685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taxi for Smyth!!!

Reply #155748 | Report this post

jammer  
Years ago

You guys that are Smyth haters must be having a great time of it at last after such a great career as a coach and a player finally a chance to knock him.Gee you must feel good you people seriously suffer the tall poppy syndrome just wondering which other coaches other than Gorj and Smyth have 3 championships in 10 seasons oops none.Lets get rid of Smyth cos things arent good for the team you people are pathetic.Well done Phil we are supporting you and know things will turn around.I guess all the players who voted you the coach they most wanted to play for are idots as well oops thats most players in the league.However the tools on here who have never played or coached at any high level would know best or would they have no idea at all i suspect the later.

Reply #155780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jammer,
A quick look at your posting history shows exactly who's gene pool you are from.

Reply #155784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754