skip
Years ago

36ers Quiz Night

Im just wondering who is attending tomorrow night?
Our team has made the tough decisions in the off season and made some cuts but we believe we have recruited well and should go 1 better than our 2nd place last year.

Topic #13500 | Report this topic

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

The winners last year have DECIDED not to repeat due to front office issues in the off season and some investigations of salary cap breaches.

Good luck Skip

Reply #157593 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isaac didnt declare the Ferrari then?

Reply #157594 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ben, any under performing imports you are paying on that team, causing the salary cap problem?

Reply #157596 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

I just want to win the Farmers Union Iced Coffee dart board again Skip :-)

Reply #157615 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

DB5 that is a matter for our internal investigation, once the board is satisfied that we have exhausted all avenues of ensuring that under the table incentives have been stamped out i will notify the media.

Having said that i can assure you that Isaac has the full support of the board at this time and we look forward to participating in further quiz nights in the future.

Reply #157642 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If this is about the prizes, you're welcome to have those!

Reply #157649 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

What you DON'T need a spare exhaust fan?

Reply #157651 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If you are looking to practice over the next year Ben, get yourself to the Earl of Leicester on Tuesdays or West Adelaide Footy Club on Thursdays for QuizMeisters.
Filled with Audio/Visual questions, great prizes and I hear the host is pretty cool too :-)

Reply #157652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spare exhaust fan (Greek Orthodox Community Youth Group Quiz Night 2006 prize) would be useful. I'll trade Soos a bag of flat mini basketballs and giant inflatable hands for that!

Reply #157654 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

ROFL @ Greek Orthodox Community Youth Group Quiz Night 2006 prize.

Classic!

Reply #157669 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

should be a good nite :D

Reply #157713 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Leave me the frisbees, you can't leave a quiz night without a frisbee.

Reply #157720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lockstock - that was a prize during the night (Heads and Tails or something). The icing from that quiz night had to be second prize being significantly worse than third prize: We had to split a $20 bread voucher between 10 people at some obscure city bakery.

Quiz night organisers, choose prizes that can be easily shared amongst the group, e.g., wine!

Reply #157722 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

And wine it was tonight, all 10 bottles for the winning table, together with 10kg of Cadbury Chocolate, a signed basketball and a portfolio of professional player action shots with the compliments of Damrob Photography. How do I know all of this? No prizes for guessing.

Reply #157839 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Congrats EC especially considering the "reserved" announcement here...so..do tell, how did some of our other infamous hoops posters go?

Reply #157879 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Equal 4th this year for the "Subaru For Sutts Campaign" team.
Some massive changes will need to be made in the off season. Thinking of delisting myself.

Reply #157883 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In missing the quiz night through a business reunion dinner that saw me outnumbered by six women to my poor self, I'd like to think that I won some sort of prize.

Reply #157884 | Report this post

Jane Wells  
Years ago

How was the "Platinum Members" night at the Crazy Horse anyways Isaac?

Reply #157885 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hahahaha

Reply #157887 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, remember how I mentioned leaving a previous quiz night with the inflatable 36ers hand and a bag of deflated balls?

Reply #157889 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Much the same result isaac? You left the horse with a swollen hand and deflated balls? So you didn't actually 'win' in the end at all.

Reply #157890 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I don't know, sounds like a "happy ending".

Isaac, Zach Randolph was not with you was he??

Reply #157905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754