Kavossy Franklin
Darnell Hinson
Cortez Groves
Martin Muursepp
Kirk Penney
Shawn Redhage
Rick Rickert
Corey Williams
Just Ballinger in there from the 36ers. Muursepp is a token inclusion for the Tiger fans in the absence of DT, IMO. Hopefully Maher misses through injury and not because they don't rate him. Any other notable absences?

Topic #13526 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

You would think because of Sam Mc's injury concerns either, Cat, Sav, Loughton or one of the young Pigs might get in.

Reply #157945 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

think they also went for muuresepp, to make the team a "world" team... token euro!

Reply #157947 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

And it seems last Saturdays game decided who would be coaching whish team as well.

Sydneys win scored Boy Goorj the Aussie team. Westover ended up with the World.

Seeing as Maher isnt even a reserve you would have to think he wasnt considered on Injury.

Reply #157949 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I actually rate Muursepp even though his numbers have not been that massive. I think he has changed a full court Tigers into a Tigers that can rumble half court slow down European style. And that is the way you have to be able to play this year, that knuckle ball style to compete with the Kings.

I also think Muursepp, by doing a lot of muscle work has helped Ansteys game by freeing him up.

Yeah, Loughton would have to come in for Sam.

Reply #157951 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm sure Muursepp does more than his stats show and I thought he was just on "holiday" until they were really challenged, but that Kings game was a chance for him to dominate and they let it slip.

On a tangent, the gap between fringe-NBA players and Australia's best just isn't that massive. Kirk Penney was on NBA rosters for a few years and Brett Maher thoroughly showed him up in that game here at the Dome.

Reply #157956 | Report this post

Who got to wonder why there is no Mike Helms .

Reply #157957 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The NBL pay an extra airfare from Singapore? Yeah, sure!

Reply #157959 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Mike Helms is the big ommission I think

Reply #157970 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Helms is listed as a reserve on the NBL site.

Reply #157978 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Who selected. Carfino, Casey and ?

Reply #157995 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

If Helms came in who would go out SVD? Certainly not Ebi, Hinson, Cortez or Frankin. Haven't seen Homicide play so can't comment too much but it'd only be for him or Penney you'd think.

Reply #158002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Get rid of Muursepp and play small. Would like to see them name Maher and then replace him due to injury, just so he gets the acknowledgement. Though he'd really only top Harvey and Barlow and both have more successful teams, so he maybe he just didn't make the cut?

Reply #158005 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Maher's been so unlucky with all start games. He obviously all stat calliber but he's been injured so much. He missed the last years, this years and 2004s all star game due to injury.

For once it is actually a "World" All Star team with a Kiwi, and Estonian and a Nigerian. There could have been a Canadian as well if DT wasn't injured.

Reply #158022 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Question: If NZ players don't count as imports in the NBL why do they play on the World team? I always tend to think of the world team as the actual "Imports"?

Reply #158028 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Teams should be:

Aust:
Anstey
Worthington
Mackinnon (replaced with Loughton)
Maher (replaced with Harvey)
Bruton
Jawai
Tragardh
B.Knight
Ingles
Black

World: (a bit more height here than the selected team)
Rickert
Redhage
Ere
Groves
Hinson
Abney (gotta be ahead of muursepp)
Ballinger
Grizzard
Helms
Franklin

Reply #158058 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

yeah Bizzy, i was wondering about Kirk Penney in the 'World' team, but can you imagine how the other Aussie All Star players would feel sharing an Australian singlet with Kirk, i dont think so...

Reply #158071 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Bizzy, I can see what you're saying but it's the Aussies vs everyone else. Not the non-imports vs the imports. There a difference. Kirk aint an Aussie.

Reply #158228 | Report this post

Years ago

I really think Helms or Grizzard should of been Involved.
What about Ben Knight?
What you guys think about themm

Reply #158251 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754