balh
Years ago

results from last night

i think its too early to look at sporting pulse as the results arent up yet. can any one tell me the results of last nights game, men and womens.

Topic #1367 | Report this topic

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

The Southern Tigers women Drew with north as a north player hit a 3 with 10 seconds to go to tie the game. Nobody has come close to the rockets this season so well done to the tigers! But they should of won!

Reply #15695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt lost to Woodville in the Men

Reply #15700 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Nwd beat Eastern in Mens and Womens

Reply #15703 | Report this post

rawr  
Years ago

Southern woman after beating Forestville last week, we're tied with North every quarter. They wer up with a few minutes to go and definately should have won it! However the girls played well and the coaching is not disappointed.

The men however with giant hambour playing agaisnt a depleted southern mens side without matt clarke adn david bowley, southern had a shocking defeat.

Reply #15704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South beat West in Men.

What about FVille vs Centrals? This game will determine the fourth spot for Finals in the Men. Woodville should be top, followed by North, then Norwood, then either Sturt or Centrals, depending on how Centrals went last night.

Reply #15705 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

Forestville 89 d Centrals 80

Eagles led by as many as 26 but fell asleep and their lead was cut to 5 with 4 mins remaining.

Reply #15706 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Lommax, looks like your finals bound!!!

Reply #15709 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Well done to the Lions. They doubled their summer win / loss from last season and just missed out on the finals.

Like many other teams they have players out. Apparantly they have up to 6 players out last night due to injury or resting for the summer season or yet to come into the program. With the new players coming in, the Lions Mens program will be alot stronger and deeper across the board next season.

As someone involved with the club for a number years I am impressed by the professionalism of the coaching staff - Ricky and Allen Mullins. The program has not only developed their players over the past couple of yrs, recruited well but also has developed and targetted good people. This will see the Lions success blossom - unlike in the past when they have just bought success and it was short lived.

Go Lions!

Reply #15710 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Cheers Panther I appreciate the effort.

Reply #15713 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Looks like these will next week's semi-finals in the Men:

Woodville vs Sturt

North vs Norwood

My pick is a Woodville / Norwood Final.

Full credit to the Woodville team who continue to play well and beat teams that many would consider are more talented.

Reply #15714 | Report this post

Allan Ogg  
Years ago

I agree, Woodville have been playing great ball. Their players are really stepping up to fill the gaps.

Reply #15715 | Report this post

Spampig  
Years ago

rawr,

Fair call on the Southern men having their asses handed to them, but certainly had nothing to do with Hamburg (7pts 10 airballs)doing anything at all.
Luke Hoban went for 34 and looked like an absolute menace out there.

North are a polished side and it showed last night, pressing and breaking for 99% of the game. They also did an excellent job of blanketing Snake Gerlach who always had 2 or 3 to beat.

As for Southern...... definetly a lack of heart and chemistry there.. ominous signs maybe or just a poor end to a poor summer season?
Although battling a long list of injuries, some players dont look like picking up the slack. Could be a long year for the those guys..

Note: Hoban for most improved 05'

Reply #15716 | Report this post

Sounds like Hoban is continuing his great form. I doubt you can say that the Tigers are in trouble. Look at the list of injuries and players unavailable and there is nothing to worry about. They would have missed Bowley and Clarke last night, both starters in 04 and will be in 05. Both players play excellent D and Bowley would have been coming off a 26 pt effort in a half against West from Sunday.

Poor end to a poor summer yes, but i assure you, after lots of team bonding over recent times, the chemistry is there.

Tigers are finals bound in 05, Gerlach possible Woolacott with Hoban to breakout also.

Reply #15735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Woodville vs Sturt

North vs Norwood

My pick is a Woodville / Norwood Final."

-Deak

Im just curious as to why you picked Norwood over North?

I think North won by about 30 when they played each other during the season.

Reply #15736 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

North won by 16 vs Norwood the first time. I believe Norwood only had 7 players that night.

Reply #15744 | Report this post

Cubicle  
Years ago

Meow!

Reply #15745 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

just a hunch . . . may be wrong

. . . may be right!!??

Reply #15807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754