RMM
Years ago

6ers young guns

Always rated Ng highly from his first seasn.. always gives 110% no matter wat and is a great defensive player as well as offense.. Wat about eric burdon boys.. .wat confidence to come off the bench and play with that intensity and confidence. lests hope he gets some more minutes.. maybe more of suttons minutes...

What is gonna happen with our 5 man guard rotation now??? Maher, Davidson, Ng, Sutton, Burdon???

Topic #13739 | Report this topic

Kev  
Years ago

Maher and Davidson will get pushed to injury point again by Phil, with Ng, Sutton, Burdon playing less minutes again - possibly with Burdon being anchored to the bench again, even though he proved himself last night to be a stronger performer under pressure than Sutts.

Reply #160312 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hate to say it but i have never rated Ng highly at all til about a season ago were he final showed SOMETHING.

Eric Burdon surprised me last nite showed pertential.

Reply #160318 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I have never rated Ng as a real strong defender. I wasn't at the game last night, but Burdon's numbers in the box score looked pretty good. A potential for the future???

Reply #160334 | Report this post

rybags  
Years ago

Thank God Phil didn't over play Sutton last night. Looks like Burdon can handle the ball, the pressure and can create.

Goodbye Sutton, you are the weakest link.

Reply #160349 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

do people think that dodman should get some minutes to show what he is about? maybe put dench under more pressure.

Reply #160356 | Report this post

ando  
Years ago

Re - "do people think that dodman should get some minutes to show what he is about? maybe put dench under more pressure.

Posted by booga yesterday"

Yes! Yes! Yes!

A few of us have been saying this for ages. I have never seen him play... but his size does warrent a shot I would have thought.

Reply #160405 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

I have only see Dodman play some Academy games and one ABL game last season - so not overly qualified to comment - but what I did see, he was hopeless.

Reply #160419 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

And Booga has a better skyhook than Dodman :-)

Reply #160420 | Report this post

ando  
Years ago

If Dodman is that bad, why is he still on the bench? Surely we must have someone better to take up the valuable real estate?

Reply #160562 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Yeah - Replace Dodman with another Rookie that can sit on the bench and Phil completely forget about.

Reply #160565 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why would you go and recruit three 6'10 players when you already have a 6'10 2nd year player sitting on the bench? Have some faith in your young players and give them some time! Every other team plays their young rookies except Adelaide, that's how you see if they can play. It's like Phil doesn't have confidence in his choices. We will see Dodman make a return to football (why wouldn't you) or move on to another team next season, that will be guaranteed.
I actually think Ng has been pretty damn good this year and if he decides not to play next year will be missed. When we are relying on him to be our main scorer or even our second scorer the team is in trouble!
It is obvious from the decision to keep Chappell that we have thrown the towel in on the season, so play your young guns and give them an opportunity to shine!

Reply #160571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Dodman is a really good player and should get some minutes on the court. He has worked long and hard for it and should have a go. It would be great experience for the young players. Why doesnt Phil have confidence in his younger players??

Reply #161184 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burdon's had a run now. Before that, he was behind five guards when the team have no injury concerns. Really only Dodman that's been a bit overlooked.

Reply #161187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754