Anonymous
Years ago

Worst Year in 36er History?

What was the worst year in 36er history (win-loss record etc)and who was coaching?

Topic #13819 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Clearly last years 11-22.

Reply #161408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide36ers.com: Year-by-year history

36ers are currently 6-9.

15 games to go. 10 out of 15 against top eight teams. 6 at home, 9 on the road. 5 out of 6 remaining home games against top eight sides.

Here's the Schedule

Reply #161410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasnt one of the Shipway years the worst?

Reply #161419 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

every season we dont win!

Reply #161423 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There have been other seasons with just 11 wins, but they have been shorter seasons meaning that the percentage of wins was better than last year. Have a look at the history page I linked to for a full list of win-loss records, the coach at the time, the club captain and MVP, etc.

DJ also has some stuff up on his old Sixers Lounge site which might have more information on each of those years.

Reply #161424 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Worst years in 6er history.....easily the last winter season (98) and the first summer season (98/99).
First a Magic Member, then a Titans member. Devastated by you bastards 2 years in a row.

Reply #161495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2007 / 08

Reply #161499 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

DICKO rules.
Mate, it's wasted on these t00l$.

Reply #161530 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think this season so far is worse than last season's for the reason that the poor outcome last season was more of an expectation. With the turmoil the club went through, government control, sale to a private owner etc, it was expected that a negative result would come out of it in terms of team performance. This season however, we had all the hype that a new and improved team was being put together which had the ability to be championship contenders. All the hype about the renovations to the Dome, new scoreboard etc. The season started off quite positively and with an air or excitement. To be where we are now is disappointing to say the least. Much more was expected this season.

Reply #161625 | Report this post

Froggy  
Years ago

1992 Don Shipways last year.

Players like Mick Corkrin and Kym Taylor had ousted club legends like Daryl Peirce.

We had been successful and just put a team out on the floor equally as bad as this one.

Reply #161649 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

I'll think you'll find a Darryl Pearce made way for a certain player who turned out to be quite handy. His name - Brett Maher.

Reply #161654 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Actually Izzy, I think it was Smyth who made way for Brett...Could be wrong though.

Reply #161659 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

I reckon Darryl Pearce left in '92 which was Brett's first year or maybe he sat on the bench in '91. Dunlap took over in '93 and that's when Smyth came in. Dunlap found out Smyth was undermining him and off loaded him where he went to play for Sydney.

Reply #161676 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cool, cheers.

Reply #161680 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Darryl was a Giant before Brett was a sixer. Phil was the one who made way for Brett

Phil had the no cut clause in his deal that the Sixers had to pay out, he then played at the Kings for 1 or 2 years.

Reply #161683 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Should clarify that by saying that Phil was moved on in order to give Brett more minutes the following season.

Reply #161684 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Hmmm, actually it was Don Monson who took over from Shipway and I think he was only here for a year ('93) and that was Smyth's first year. Dunlap came onboard in '94 then. I'm sure Brett played in Shipways last year which was the year Darryl went to the Giants (i.e '92).

Reply #161690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754