skip
Years ago

NBL on Nine host Brantz 'boned'

Just noticed this on news.com.au

I love this bit..
Reports in newspapers this morning said Brantz was told by Nine management that Australian cricketers did not want to do post-match interviews with her, and that was why she had been axed from the network's on-air cricket coverage.

I wonder who they will grab to host it now?

Topic #13867 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

Wasn't wild about Brantz as the NBL on 9 host. She's not a bsketball person and I don't think she knows a whole lot about the NBL. I would like to see someone who really knows the game, not just some random host.

Reply #162115 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

thats excactly what i said ages ago, she has no clue!

Reply #162123 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sturty...are you okay with this?? I thought you were first in line for the job in the title...

Reply #162135 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'd be up for it. (Don't know that the Boss would be too happy though!)

I was expecting a video from youtube or something.......

Damn!

Reply #162143 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

From what I read when NBL on 9 started up there are a few people on this forum who wouldn't mind "boning" Stepahnie Brantz themselves.

Reply #162162 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

so she's gone from cricket coverage, & basketball?

Reply #162165 | Report this post

Roseboy  
Years ago

Reply #162170 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I don't think punter liked the fact that she has a deeper voice than him thus refusing to be interviewed .

Reply #162182 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That's it I am never watching NBL on nine again. Hey, I know, let's start a petition. No, lets make a banner........

Reply #162226 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I blame Phil

Reply #162228 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Knob.....

Reply #162267 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Looks like you have sand in your vigina again sturty6er

Reply #162272 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Phil's fault?

Reply #162275 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Isn't everything Phil fault?

Reply #162276 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Nine have boned another presenter now as well. Majella Weimers has been sack because apparently the boss doesnt like blondes!!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22921745-5013560,00.html

Reply #162278 | Report this post

moe  
Years ago

how is it phil's fault??

Reply #162279 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Moe  it just is. Don't worry about it; always Phil fault.

Reply #162281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joe's being sarcastic. Unfortunately, new readers and probably a fair share of existing ones won't realise and chalk it up as the exact opposite of what I assume they're looking to achieve.

Reply #162282 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think it's fair play she lost her job, shouldn't have been hired in the first place. No disrespect but clearly former international cricketers will be able to provide more insight and interest to the coverage than a token girl with no background in the sport.

Reply #162288 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i like the alleged line "with a name like Spiteri you should try SBS."

Chivalry is not dead!

Reply #162289 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

FWIW, and in light of the 'she don't know nuttin' claims presented so far, Brantz is an ex-State rep in basketball, netball and swimming, according to a bio here.

I'm guessing it was an under-age state team she played on - but I'd prefer to think there's a clandestine State-based model basketball league out there, similar to that nightclub full of models George 'inhabited' on that classic Seinfeld episode.

Reply #162292 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Ahh the old..if you havent played..you cant commentate line.

Which of course stops 99.8% of posters here at Hoops from making any commenbt on the NBL, the head coach, and for quite a number of them, anything outside themselves.

Give me an educated and intelligent interviewer who has done some research and actually thinks things through, rather than some meathead who was amazingly talented in a sporting pursuit...but has trouble reading the corn flakes packet in the morning.

just as an aside, im petty sure i never saw Bruce Mcaveney (sp?) play AFL or run the 100 metres at the olympics. so hopefully we wont hear from this imposter again.

Reply #162326 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

But Bruce is "special". You just ask him.

Reply #162340 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Which of course stops 99.8% of posters here at Hoops from making any commenbt on the NBL, the head coach, and for quite a number of them, anything outside themselves"

I think it's a bit different comparing posting comments here and working as a paid sports journalist. Prime example is interviewing players, the Australian cricket team are more likely to be relaxed and give honest genuine answers if they're being interviewd by Tubby or Heals, players they're mates with, than if the questions are coming from some journalist they don't know - more likely to get standard meaningless answers in this instance IMO.

They wouldn't hire a msn with no background in cricket to join the commentary team so why should they hire a woman with no background in the sport?

Reply #162399 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754