Anon
Years ago

Tiger AIrlines - How would you rate them?

With this new airline flying into and out of Adelaide has anyone flown with them yet - how would you rate them? do you have any advice for someone who has not used them as yet? but has booked some cheap flights with them for next year

(Mod: Title improved.)

Topic #13984 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

was thinking same thing. seem a lil dodgy with cheap tickets and that they may change the flights at any second. personally aint gona fly with them till they prove themselves.

Reply #163651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've flown them loads of times before - perfectly fine as they're owned by Singapore Airlines.

Only thing is they aren't ticketed seating (in Asia, not sure about Australia) so sometimes you have to get on first if you want a good seat.

Safe airline, definitely buy the cheapo tickets.

Reply #163728 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

No different to Jet Star

Reply #163734 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Tiger Airlines don't give you your seats, which means it's you have to fight to get a good seat. It would be more appropriate if it was seated then you can request front if you are tall etc.

Reply #163735 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Did Mike Chappelle fly Tiger when he first joined the 6ers? (insert tongue)

Reply #163743 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

atleast they dont fly out of avalon like jet star, thats a plus

Reply #163782 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Non allocated seats are common with budget airlines in Europe (Easyjet, Ryanair etc), it's a bit annoying at times but no big deal really. I guess they make savings in time and cost by not allocating seats, it's more like catching public transport. If I can fly from London to Italy for 1 penny then I don't have a problem with a non allocated seat.

Reply #163844 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

FYI....Jetstar now do allocated seating. Have for a while.

Reply #163853 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

"FYI....Jetstar now do allocated seating. Have for a while."

Is that you alan joyce?

:)

Reply #163862 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

How rapt am I that Im flying Virgin this week!

Im heading up to Brisbane on Wednesday evening and was thinking that I would miss watching the 36ers/Dragons game. But it has just occured to me that they now have Live Foxtel on their flights so I'll be watching the game from the air!! Love It!!!

Reply #163870 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

That's a new way of viewing the NBL ;)

Reply #163873 | Report this post

Dee  
Years ago

I flew from Adelaide to Melbourne recently and the flight was delayed by 1 hour. They have strict check in times so be prepared to get there early. I was at the airport 1.5hrs before my flight, only to be told that the plane was late coming in from Melbourne.

Also if you are a vertically/horizontal challenged forget it. There is very little leg room. After enduring the not so comfortable seats, the long walk (Melbourne Airport)from the terminal to the plane - Thank god it wasnt raining. It reminded me of the days before Adelaide Aiport was built - how ironic.... On a positive note the fares are cheap. You can fly to Melbourne/Adelaide for as little as $29.95 BUT you pay for your checked in baggage, an extra $10.00 be mindfull that the allowance is ONLY 15kgs. Other airlines are 20kgs.

Would I fly with them again? well I am hesitate to do so.

Reply #206308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754