me
Years ago

Will any result save Phil?

As has been stated before, I am a Phil fan (dwindling slightly at the moment), but i wondered is there any season result that will keep him in the role?

Champions = Survive
Runner up = survive
anything else = gone?

your thoughts?

Topic #14021 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he might survive if we finish in the top 4 when all is said and done ie. atleast make the semi finals.

Reply #164157 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Memory jolt:
We didn't make the Semifinals when we had the Catt, Jake & Oz on board.
That makes 2 locals & a franchise super star, but don't let me distract you guys.

: ) : ) : )

Reply #164164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Won the championship with 5/10 locals.

Reply #164169 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Yeh, thanks for that iZac, but I was making the point that this lost site's been lamenting the loss of those 3 players, yet we didn't make the semis with them onboard. Go figure.

Reply #164173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fans generally lament the loss of Dusty Rychart (before Ballinger!) and he won a championship last year. Fail to see how your post is relevant or on-topic?

"This site" isn't lamenting anything. Perhaps "some 36ers fans posting on this site"?

Reply #164177 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

FFS iZac, you mention Dusty?
Last season's signings were on the back of the previous mis-management. Dusty rightly shot through.
What do you know, he won a title while on the roster of the richest club in the league last year.

Good point.

Next?

Reply #164186 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

So DDFan, better off without Jake and Oscar? So far, you have failed to make any point. It's a trend in your posts. Jake and Oscar had the benefit of having a 50% points discount, and would be likely to play in Adelaide for less.

Reply #164187 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

No it's NOT better (for us) without Jake & Oscar, but it was & is better for them.
The 36ers could only offer 1 year deals. Look at where they both are now & what's ahead for them both.
They weren't pushed. They were let go.
You may not be making a living outta professional sport, so that may be lost on you.

Reply #164189 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

It's been said many times before - had the Sixers not let their contracts lapse they would have stayed.

You may not make a living in a country away from your family, property, girlfriend and dog, so that may be lost on you.

Reply #164190 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

To answer the title question: Not any result that is remotely acheivable save a miracle.

This team, with its current personnel, needs someone different from Smyth. That is no direct criticism of Smyth (I for one am a fan of his - when it is all working), but an acknowledgement that Smyth is not what this team currently needs.

Reply #164193 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not arguing that they have all done well with the move or that they were pushed out (just not pursued overly aggressively). At the time, the club prioritised the signing of Farley and had to offer less money to Rychart which he, understandably, didn't like.

To answer your point about the single year contracts - Mark Nash got a two year contract (the second year of which the club negotiated out of this season).

Still, this has little relevance to the topic at hand.

Reply #164194 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Wish they had given Nash a minus 2 year contract and gotten back all the money they gave him for 0 output. As for this years team/last years team. Can only work with what we've got and i think if we make the semi's or go close Phil will stay. Hopefully we can keep this group together because at times they play very good ball.

Reply #164196 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

ive been a fan of phils the moment he arrived, but i feel perhaps a championship would be the only thing to keep his seat.i would also think that may effect what maher does next season(Although im not sure when his contract is up)he has had it rough this season so far.

Reply #164197 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

DD,
you are not capable, skilled or intelligent enough to be the judge and jury of this site and the posters upon it.

YOU, are the only embarrassment i would feel if a "googler" was to happen upon the site.

FFS shut the hell up or at least stick to topics. You are not only a waste of bandwidth...but a waste of oxygen.

take another of those little tablets and go and lie down

Reply #164198 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

pretty sure maher on 5aa stated next season would be his last regardless of how his body is holding up,

personally unless with make the finals and actually WIN a finals game he will go,

WIN a final hes back on 50/50 chance.

Progress into the Semi's i still think he would only be 70/30 chance

Reply #164210 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DDFan, re your comment "he won a title while on the roster of the richest club in the league last year", are you saying he was handed a championship with the compliments of the owner's money? If you followed the Bullets last season, you would see that he made more than his fair share of contribution towards that win. He was heavily relied on in Adelaide but the team was not championship material, however he was. He went to a team that would allow his personal achievements to be rewarded by a championship. Money may have bought the team but the coach and players achieved the championship.

Reply #164217 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

EC, I meant no disrespect to Dusty or his abilities. I was merely responding to this pearler from Isaac:
"Fans generally lament the loss of Dusty Rychart (before Ballinger!) and he won a championship last year."
My mention of the richest team, meant that he was part of a veeeeeeeery deep roster, but you're absolutely right about Dusty's contribution. It was never in doubt.

Reply #164224 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Sorry to detract from the overall DDfan beat-up (funny though, very funny), I would hope that some front office sense would send Phil packing regardless. His game style is unchanged and unable to adapt. His substitutions are confusing and scarey. And his recruiting, assuming the head coach has a say, are baffling. Its time for a new coach, a new style and some new personel.

Reply #164284 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I nearly broke the tv when he subbed out maher with 5 mins to go against dragons .. then when he subbed out balls 30 secs later, i nearly flushed the season tickets down the loo.

Those subs didnt make sense to anyone - and he's lucky that dench was hitting, or he would've looked VERY stupid - and don't you DARE say he KNEW Dench was gonna be tha man in the last few minutes ... noone on this planet would've thought that (well, no one outside of Glenside).

Reply #164314 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I've had a stay-over at the Adelaide Clinic, does that count? ; )

Reply #164318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously not!

Reply #164346 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

You get better service at Glenside?

Reply #164355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan
You are just not funny, not even a little bit.

Reply #164358 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Oooops, I must've hit a nerve.
Left you sitting in the corner with a saturated diaper did they?
Anyways, you seem to have internet access at Glenside, be happy.

Reply #164427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan
I´ll say it again.
You are just not funny, not even a little bit. And your last post just proves it.

Reply #164449 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

OK..i give up Isaac, you win, own up now.

Surely DDfan is just your own great marketing plan to increase posting levels before the end of the year???

This "Person" cannot be serious, there could not possibly be one so very low in intellect and still able to navigate a computer...so own up..this is a very early april fools prank??

:)

Reply #164484 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely not me!

Reply #164714 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I do have one question, DD.....and remember, I have been a supporter of yours in the past. And I am certainly, like you, not hiding behind any anonymity... You know who I am (or enough about me anyway).

If you hate this "lost" site so much, and the posters obviously annoy the hell out of you, and you (by your own admittance) have gotten very narcy and pi$$ed off with the whole forum thing.........

Why do you keep coming back?

Don't you have some 6er jock straps to wash?

Reply #164727 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I've mainly followed OzHoops over the yaers, but when I dropped in here latish last year to see what the vibe was, I found it distractingly negative & mostly on the back of out-dated hysteria.

Secondly, I was only "narcy" through December, & it's a New Year, so hopefully we can get back to talking basketball.

BTW, not seen a jock strap during my duties in the laundry. Must be a Melbourne thing. ; )

Reply #164731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you can piss people off, be a total jerk and then think that it is a New Year and all is forgiven. Dreamer.

Reply #164739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw a shooting star the other night and wished that ddfan would never post again.

Reply #164744 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by Anonymous:
"So you can piss people off, be a total jerk and then think that it is a New Year and all is forgiven. Dreamer."

Suit yourself, I'm really not fussed, but I'm here to talk basketball from now on.
Happy New Year.

Reply #164759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We see how long that last. I do not thinks you can help yourself. Smartarse.

Reply #164776 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

If your over it now in 2008, DD.....why this?

but I was making the point that this lost site's been lamenting the loss of those 3 players

Most of us consider this site a valued and fun community of like minded basketball fans.

I HOPE you're over it, I really do, because many (read most, if not all) are over the antics and rants.
I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt (how genrerous am I?????) :-)

All the best to you, and all here at hoops.com.au for 2008.

Reply #164792 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by DICKO:
"If your over it now in 2008, DD.....why this?"

Posted by DDFan:
"but I was making the point that this lost site's been lamenting the loss of those 3 players"

DICKO, if you scroll up the page, it's time-stamped as "last year". To be more specific, a site search reviels that it was posted on the 28th December.

Posted by DICKO:
"Most of us consider this site a valued and fun community of like minded basketball fans."

I'm sure you all do, but I saw a lot of threads as being team/unity disruptive.

Posted by DICKO:
"I HOPE you're over it, I really do, because many (read most, if not all) are over the antics and rants.
I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt (how genrerous am I?????) :-)

All the best to you, and all here at hoops.com.au for 2008."

Thanks mate, & all the best to you, yours & all hoops fans for 2008.

Reply #164857 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Understand about the post bein last year.....my bad.

Posting negative comments is as old as sports web forums get......if that's team unity disruptive, then they should give pro sports away now.

If it disrupts you that badly, maybe you should give sports forums a miss???!?!?!?!?!

Reply #164876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan wrote:
"I'm sure you all do, but I saw a lot of threads as being team/unity disruptive."

So you decided to be a total arse and attack everyone like a crazy man. As long as you can justify it to yourself why you are a d**k. I for one do not understand. By reading other posts about you I do not think I´m the Lone Ranger on this one.

Reply #164877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754