skip
Years ago

Resigning Ballinger

To the best of my Knowledge Balls has only been signed to this season. (Please correct me if Im wrong)

Does anyone know if the club has moved to secure him long term? I would love to see him resigned before the end of the season and I'd be pushing for a 3 year deal.

Without a doubt our MVP this season.

Topic #14118 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Adam loves living here, but likes home also, and wanted to take it one year at a time.
But sixers doing all the right things for long term.
He qualifies for Australian citizenship ,early 2009.
May want to duck home in off-season.

Reply #165392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll start the best rumor
The new look Hawks will resign him

Reply #165412 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Resign Vs Re-sign - an important distinction.

resign
" verb
1 voluntarily leave a job or position of office.
2 (be resigned) accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.

ORIGIN Latin resignare 'unseal, cancel'.

Reply #165485 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Doufus = Sector 7G

Reply #165489 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The quotes from Boti don't sound too promising. Ballinger doesn't want to sign up just yet, which means he wants to test his value on the free agent market. He says he wants to know whose coaching and what the lineup will be, but that's bollocks if he truly wants to be here next year. In those circumstances, I don't really see the Sixers competing for his signature, he will be the hottest property in the league post season.

Reply #165495 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think it's unusual for a player to want to know who's coaching and likely to be playing before he decides to re-sign?

You might be right about him wanting to test the market, but which big money team wants a PF? I think Brisbane has Dusty, Tigers are trying to lock up Lampley, Perth have Redhage, Cairns probably have Abney for more than one year, etc.

Reply #165504 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

KC- gone

No results found for Doufus.
Did you mean Dufus (in dictionary) or Dofus (in encyclopedia)?

Assuming the former....

dufus
Part of Speech: n
Definition: an incompetent and stupid, though well-meaning, person; also called doofus

A little harsh I think.
One cant underestimate the value of accurate communication.

Reply #165576 | Report this post

rumor  
Years ago

rumor is that he is wanting to know if there will be a coaching change and rumor in qld is that he may reunite with Joyce.

Reply #165579 | Report this post

Tap Twist Snap  
Years ago

Would fit in really well at the Blaze and the weather up here is much nicer.

Reply #165589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt Mrs Balls have rellies in SA? I seem to remember reading something about that being one of the reasons why he signed for the 6ers.

Reply #165628 | Report this post

Fact is that Balinger wants the Sixers to prove that they will do what ever it takes to win by showing some new direction for 08/09 and beyond.
The belief is that he preferred Joyces tougher style and also the amount wont be anything to be laughed at.
His agent has a number of offers already on the table, Sixers need to act otherwise will miss out once again.

Reply #165630 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I think her family are interstate, but near enough to the SA border? Might be wrong.

Reply #165635 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Reckon that's right, Isaac.
He is living in a pleasant suburb,close to the beach.
Wants to take things one year at a time.

Reply #165669 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Reckon the Draggin's should sign him.

Turn him into a completely crap player, A la Horvath & Groves and then send him packing.

We have a "make 'em poo and cut 'em loose" philosophy on imports.

Reply #165679 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754