TR
Years ago

Vince Carter on the block

Seems that the Nets are shopping around and letting teams know that Carter is available for the right package.

Rumored last week was that the Knicks approached the Nets and offered Zach Randolf for Carter. They are bickering in the media as to who made the deal along with who rejected the deal.

Now it appears that the Pacers are talking to New Jersey about a Jermain O'Neal (plus Williams and Magloire) for Carter. I admit O'Neal, Jefferson and J-Kidd would be a nice trio.

Also on the trade stuff, it appears that Isiah has really lost the plot and claimed he's not interest in any move, but other GM's are informing the media that trades with the Knicks are being talked about (refer above and below).

Thomas turned down a chance at Ron Artest, because he didn't want to give up Nate Robinson and Renaldo Balkman in a package. I guess he's hedging on the fact that Artest will opt out of his current contract and could be signed cheaply to play in New York.

Topic #14322 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

dont think thomas is stupid enough to take on artest, as you would end up with a pissed off artest on the team and would never work with marbury... unless the deal involved gettin marbury out of there

Reply #168519 | Report this post

Well the nets were the only ones stupid enough to offer vince a huge contract after his contract year. who else didn't see his regression this year? I hope no one trades for him

Reply #168532 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

They are all stupid.

Fire Isiah!

Reply #168602 | Report this post

Philnaldo  
Years ago

Fire the guy who gave Issiah the ok to trade/sign players and orchestrate the bombsite that is the New York Knicks

Reply #168674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754