coopz
Years ago

NH: Heath Ledger Dies

sad news this morning...

NEW YORK - A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

According to TMZ.com, Ledger, 28, was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 p.m. ET Tuesday.

The actor has a two-year-old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. Ledger was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight." He received an Academy Award nomination for his work in "Brokeback Mountain."

Topic #14341 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Believed to be drug related. Pills found near his body.

News agencies are reporting that he's set to star in Dark Knight, but it appears to be in post-production.

Reply #168743 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

leaves behind a daughter- tragic news

Reply #168744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such sad news. One hell of a talented actor and good looking too!! Apparently the apartment he died in was Mary-Kate Olsens.

Reply #168757 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Very sad news, i couldnt believe it when i saw the Headline this morning on the internet. RIP Heath Ledger

Reply #168764 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ive seen the first 10 minutes to "The Dark Knight' and it is most Ledger in it. He plays The Joker brilliantly in that bit.

Very Very sad

Reply #168773 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Indeed. 'thankfully' he completed his role for the dark knight and Isaac, you are correct its all post-prod now... due out soon. I heard his work was very good in this movie, so it may be a fitting last movie for him.

Sad situation. He obviously needed some grounding and help, but had none.

ShaneD

Reply #168798 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw it suggested that he was sick and confined to bed recently. Could've been related to sleeping pills.

Reply #168799 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Pills found around the body were prescription sleeping pills.

"Police earlier said there was no obvious indication of suicide"

Reply #168802 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

now retracting earlier statements about olsen twins apartment, not true!

Reply #168806 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Sad news . Has always seemed a very troubled young man . Was not a fan of him as an actor , but condolences to those who knew and loved him .

Reply #168808 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

A little more than just sleeping pills...

Diazepam and Alprazolam.

Alprazolam is used to treat moderate to severe anxiety disorders, panic attacks, and as an adjunctive treatment for anxiety associated with clinical depression.

Diazepam is the sleeping pill. It's used used for treating anxiety and insomnia amoung other things.

Reply #168810 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

valium and xanax . wonder if he was coming down from bender ?

Reply #168818 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

He was just starting to get really, really good. Like tasty good. He was just fantastic in Brokeback Mountain and I'm Not There. The trailers for The Dark Knight seem to show his reinterpretation of The Joker is going to be very interesting. Such a shame we'll never see where he was going to go next with his career.

Reply #168834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754