Corey
Years ago

Hodge vs Farley - Who would win a 1 on 1?

We may not have had Hodge for very long, but from what I can see he needs to work on his mid-range jumper and a 3 point shot which we all know Willie definitely has/had. Hodge's inside presence offensively is better than Willie's but his Free-Throw at times can let him down (Yes, apart from vs Gold Coast Isaac....)

Anyway if these 2 were to have a 1 on 1, would Willie's outside shooting prevail, or would Hodge's strong offence under the boards with Willie's questionable defense prevail for Hodge??

If it was a first to 21 point game, I would give it to Willie 21-15.

What does everyone else think?

Topic #14561 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting topic. Hodge would drive at him every time and get offensive boards from any misses - those o-boards would be the key and I reckon he'd win.

At their very best, I think Farley is more entertaining to watch, but Hodge's all-round game makes him a bigger asset to a team.

Reply #171841 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Farley 2002 might have been more entertaining but Ive found Hodge more entertaining in nearly every game Ive seen him play this season compared to any game Farley played in the last 2 seasons.

That said. I still think it would be a tight contest. When Farley gets in the zone with his fadeaway he can be unstopable.

Reply #171850 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Hmm interesting,

think Hodge's drive and rebounding will give him the edge, Willie would have the shooting covered, in the end it comes down to "D"... which, i think gives it to Hodge 21-19

Reply #171872 | Report this post

T.T  
Years ago

hodge would rape him.

cmon... he's an nba player.

Reply #171945 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

T.T - pretty sure that would be illegal , although it is call your own foul .

Reply #171949 | Report this post

geejay  
Years ago

who cares?????

Reply #171968 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'WHO CARES'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. "
Why did u even enter thread then geejay?

It would be a close one, theres no doubt Hodge is the better player in a game situation and i think he would take out the 1on1 too.

Reply #171973 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Hodge easily. He can actually play D.....

Reply #172031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754