Grizz_1
Years ago

NBL Playoff Coverage

Ive been hoping that the breakers do not finish either 5th or 6th so i dont have to watch their playoff game from their crappy arena. shitty camera angles and those shithouse commentators.

anyone know if they do get a home elimination final will it be live?

Topic #14578 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

those shithouse commentators are better than casey. even when they talk maori i can understand them better than casey

Reply #172045 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they get a home final, they will be playing out of Vector Arena rather than NSEC. Might impact the broadcast.

The camera angles/replay timing is dodgy and the female commentator is quite average, but other than that I appreciate getting to see the games at all.

Reply #172046 | Report this post

Grizz_1  
Years ago

bluey. casey is an awesome commentator. he actually has a clue as to what is going on. him and steve shit on the maori guys.

the maori commentators give the viewers a maori word each half. WHO CARES??? who want to learn maori while watch an australia basketball league.

cant believe u wood say that.

justify why the maoris are better then casey and stevo???

Reply #172047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's Maori TV - it's for a New Zealand audience first and foremost (and Fox just broadcasts it here). What's wrong with them teaching the Maori kids watching a new word?

If you don't like it, watch the live scores on the NBL site.

Reply #172048 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

cant believe u wood say that.

I can't believe you WOULD write that.

Reply #172060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe you wood question it grizz ;)

Ever played casey bingo, I was had bingo twice in the first 5 minutes the other night. Sorry but if you have to the re use the same comments that many times in a game you shouldn't be calling the game.

You seem to struggle with English let alone maori.

I most enjoy Carfino and Gaze except when they start rubbing each others ego.

Isaac - chick on the NZud coverage aint good, but at least I can imagine she is hot.

Reply #172068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Casey would suit a radio call of basketball more, IMO.

Reply #172073 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

NZ coverage is great, extra game we get to see and Breakers have shown some great form this season and have done well losing both imports.

I prefer some team biased commentry, cause you know exactly what to expect when you tune in and it adds more passion to the commentry coming across.

Rather than Carfino's player loving and Casey's sitting on the fence.

That's why some of the players, rucker, gaze, bradtke added a new dimension in they actually bring across some passion for the game and a true desire for one team to beat another.

Reply #172118 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754