The_Champ33
Years ago

Ben Wallace to Knicks Rumour

I read this on ESPN Daily Dime article on the weekend. A crazy trade if it became true.

This kind of deal might barely cause a ripple after the blockbusters we've seen lately -- and two sources close to the situation insist that it probably won't happen -- but New York and Chicago have apparently discussed a trade that would send Ben Wallace to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose and Fred Jones.

Pardon our yawns, but it's difficult to imagine much of an impact on either team even if it does go through.

For the Bulls? I keep hearing that Wallace does expect to be relocated before the Feb. 21 deadline, which Chicago would undoubtedly regard as a form of addition by subtraction that creates more of an opportunity for rookie Joakim Noah. But that's about all it would be if these are the trade terms.

For the Knicks? Now that a seven-game losing streak has erased any of their playoff delusions, even in the East, Wallace sounds like little more than another past-his-best name for Isiah Thomas' collection.

The Bulls have fielded much more steady trade interest in another Thomas -- Tyrus Thomas -- but word is Chicago won't consider moving him now. Which makes some sense, since it'd be tough to get any kind of value for Thomas (as with most Bulls) because this season has been such a nightmare

Topic #14612 | Report this topic

tmagz03  
Years ago

the latest trade rumor involving the bulls that i have read is a straight up swap that involves Wallace heading west to the Jazz for AK47. The jazz are looking for a defensive presence to guard the big scorers come finals time.

I dunno if its a beneficial trade for either team. I can't see big ben fitting into utah's starting line up when they have boozer at PF and Okur at C. Thats why AK 47 was a good fit for the jazz because he was versatile enough to put him at the 3 spot.

Also it will damage the bulls more so in the salary cap because AK47 has another 4 years on his contract compared to wallace's 3 and his final year pays 17 odd million.

What do others think of this trade? would you do it if you were chicago?

Reply #172428 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

A lot of these rumors are originating in Chicago. And not from the team, but from journos with nothing to write about as far as the team performance is concerned. So take all these rumors with a helping of salt.

Ben Wallace's contract is one of the worst in the league for player not in a Knicks uniform. I doubt he will be traded because Chicago will struggle to find a taker, although after the recent trades of Kwame Brown and Shaq, I have to say anything is possible!

Reply #172433 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Definitely a bad fit for the Jazz as you pointed out. All the points you made are true and I see a worst fit for Ben Wallace there.

AK47-Marion would have worked out better as a trade if it was to happen.

Trading Deadline is in it's final week-10 days now. Wonder if we'll see another big name trade. Will Kidd find a new home or end up with the Mavs?

Reply #172435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754