Ingles13
Years ago

Melbourne @ Brisbane - Semi Final 2 [28/2/08]

Game 2 of the Tigers v Bullets series tonight. Who do you think will get up?

I reckon it will be a close match with the bullets just sliding through [as much as I want the tigers to win]

Your tips? Discussion......

Topic #14873 | Report this topic

man of the moment  
Years ago

how can u like melbourne they are the team i dislike the most in my opionion thats only cos they have anstey all he does is whinge and he seems like a tosser

Reply #175477 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Brisbane lead at the half 59-54

Reply #175482 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

It's gone to OT, Brisbane lead it by 1 with 2 and a half minutes to go.

Reply #175489 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

24 seconds to go, bullets ball, the tigers lead by 1

Reply #175490 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

2.6 seconds, bullets call time out, Tigers up by 3.

Reply #175491 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

GO TIGERSSSS!!!!!!!!

Reply #175492 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Beautiful win by tigers!!

Reply #175493 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Tigers into the Grand final - 115 to 112 in OT

Interesting to see what's going to happen in Game 3 of the other semi now.

Not only have the sides been warring on the court, which includes assistant coaches pushing each other and mouthing off but they've been at each other off the court with Boy Goorg labelling the Wildcats as 'Chicken Shit'

Reply #175494 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I would love to see Perth beat sydney and have a tigers-wildcats series!!!!

Well done tigers

Reply #175496 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Anstey just cant help himself can he. Plays brilliantly in OT and then after the game comes out of the mid court huddle and gives the crowd the finger with both hands.

Such class...... and he wonders why so many people think he is a knob!

Reply #175497 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

For those with Foxtel, Game 3 won't be shown on any of the Fox Sports channels due to AFL, NRL and Super 14 been shown live. Fuel TV Channel 516 is the place to see game 3 live from 7pm Adelaide Time. Repeated 2 hours later on Fox Sports 2.

Reply #175498 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

hahhhaha statman, did he really give the crowd the double finger salute? lmao

Reply #175499 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

He also said the crowd is a bunch of Sore Losers in his after game interview.

Reply #175500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely gave the double salute. Wonder if there's a fine from the league for that?

I've been really impressed by Gibson and Bradshaw. Gibson had 17/6/5 tonight - has come along quite quickly.

Crowd was 2,653?! Huh!?

Reply #175514 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

It was a 6:30 game on a Thursday. Place was pretty much empty, but it was still loud.

Brisbane got HOSED by ONE ref. Bar Gersomething. He made 80% of the calls, some horrible.

Yes, Anstey did do that. I never had a problem with him, but his moves post-game were really sad. Not only did he throw the double bird, he stood there and yelled down the crowd after they boo'd him for doing it AND THEN(for lack of a better description) he pumped at his crouch a couple of times. Very poor.

All said, very very good game to be at. Let see Perth get up in game 3 so we can all have someone to cheer!

Reply #175519 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ref's first name should be Brad.

Reply #175521 | Report this post

OohAhhEre!  
Years ago

If Perth gets in theyre will be no one to cheer

Reply #175529 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

There is noone to cheer already. Perth, Tigers, Sydney. The three biggeest nemises of the Sixers.

Reply #175532 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Is that crowd number correct? - 2600 for a home semi final - shame Brisbane, shame!!!! Even if you only have 1500 season ticket holders. (are there any figures available on that Isaac - how many ticket holders each club had this year???)

Reply #175595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't think so Spinner. Hit austadiums.com for crowd figures though. Can't believe how bad the play-off crowds have been for Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Reply #175601 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed crowds have really sucked but whats with the scheduling? We play a long 30 game regular season and then as soon as finals come the league trys to rush things through as fast as possible. To have game 1 in Melbourne on Tuesday night then game 2 on Wednesday is a disgrace. Surely the league should be scheduling as many games on Friday and Saturday nights and allowing the players a bit of rest to gain as much exposure and showcase what should be the best games of the season.

Reply #175607 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that back-to-back was a result of a scheduling change due to venue availability?

Reply #175617 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Oh also note, that in the regular season, LOTS (maybe up to 500?) of tickets are given to ABC Learning staff.

Anyone who had a corporate area also needed to re-buy that area for each playoff game.

They also jacked up the price on the tickets for the playoffs. 'Hollywoods' went from $75 to $150. Others weren't that steep an increase.

Reply #175648 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, re crowd numbers. Ticket prices $60. Does that answer your question. I think its quite rude that the fans follow the team all season only to miss out on finals because they can't afford the prices.

Reply #175663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Were those the cheapest tickets, or the majority? You're right, that's a bad move from the club. Clubs have to bump up prices for play-offs slightly to cover for the NBL's cut, but that's shocking.

Reply #175666 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Why does the NBL take a bigger cut come finals?

Reply #175671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't know - they just have a levy on tickets for finals games. Don't think there is one for regular season tickets, but not sure.

Reply #175674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754