Jonno
Years ago

Brian Wethers and Jason Crowe together in NZ NBL

i just saw that Wethers and Crowe are teaming up for the Pistons in the NZBL, if those 2 have good seasons, do people think the 36ers should consider them if Hodge doesnt return or Ballinger Naturalises??, they are both good and proven at NBL level and i wouldnt mind seeing either in a 36ers uniform, but would pefer Hodge over either of them.

Topic #14970 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

NO to either! Next...

Reply #176708 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

why Kobe???

Reply #176709 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I also wouldn't go for either of them. Thought Wethers was a little loose with his style of play with the Breakers and just not sure about Crowe.

Reply #176711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we've learnt our lesson with recycled imports....

Reply #176715 | Report this post

Ebi Ere  
Years ago

Just watched Wethers have a 40-point game against Nelson tonight. Keep it in mind though, that the NZNBL is on a whole different level to the ANBL. I think if they have good seasons it doesnt mean anything.

Linc Abrahms who has been dominating the NZNBL for ages now(Averaging 22/10), still hasnt got any love from ANBL Teams

Reply #176717 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Crowe takes some horrible shots....just no idea of shot selection.

Weathers is injury prone now, and needs alot of the ball to get stats, if he's off his team loses.

Reply #176737 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I remember the scoring race between Willie and Wethers for the scoring title

Reply #176741 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

If the nznbl was merged into 4 c lubs to compete in the nbl how would they go?

Reply #176751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They'd probably struggle. Even one team with the best-of would have (unless I'm missing anyone):

Crowe/Kench
Wethers/Jones
Cameron/Forman
Vukona/Frank
Rampton/Behrendorff

And without any top-tier standouts, I think that'd miss the play-offs.

Reply #176752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754