Isaac
Years ago

Best NBA Players 23 and under

ESPN:

We asked our writers a simple question: Which 23-or-under player would you want as the foundation of your team?

Why 23? Ask MJ -- that was the age at which Michael Jordan scored 63 versus the Celtics in the playoffs and made the leap from star to Air.

(Why 23? Err, otherwise you'd have to leave off LeBron and Deron and it'd be a pretty boring list?)

Take a look: Who are the best players 23 and under?

Anyone surprised by a selection or ranking?

Topic #15303 | Report this topic

Dana  
Years ago

*sigh*
I bought an American Vogue magazine today just in case I get a chance to get LeBron to autograph it for me LeBron is on the front cover.
*wink*

Reply #180706 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Just looked at the clock and I will be there behind the Cavs Bench in just under 24 hours. I guess you can tell I'm getting excited.

Reply #180707 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you get another copy of the mag and find Gisele at the game for any reason, you know what to do!

Looking forward to a full recap of the game, the venue, entertainment, etc.

Reply #180709 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Isaac..

Agreed Dana, looking forward to the FULL recap, good to see the Bobcats hitting some form at the moment as well, should be an awesome game!

Reply #180712 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Do you have the magazine too Isaac?

Reply #180716 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, just joking around!

Reply #180719 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isaac is the centrefold for the Australian Vogue........

Reply #180726 | Report this post

Afroman jnr  
Years ago

Best NBA players 23 and under, yet greg oden is still there. he has not played any nba games as yet, so how could he be in there? yes, he is a great player in college, but since then has been injured, so i would no rate him top twenty NBA plsyers 23 and under. wait another year then he will be in there for me, just for now, i would of left him out since he hasnt actually played a proper NBA season game.

Reply #180736 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

SO how did you know Gisele is on the same cover photo?

Reply #180740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN reported it about a week and a half ago Dana.

Reply #180741 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's been heavily publicised. There was even a flare up when a writer suggested that the cover was racist given that a black man was portrayed in an aggressive stance (I mean really - the guy plays sport for a living - being aggressive is his job!).

Here's the Huff Post's piece on it.

But the image is stirring up controversy, with some commentators decrying the photo as perpetuating racial stereotypes. James strikes what some see as a gorilla-like pose, baring his teeth, with one hand dribbling a ball and the other around Bundchen's tiny waist.

And this from Sport by Brooks:

A piece on Slate too, but this one from CleveScene.com is very funny - if that hasn't already been linked from TrueHoop, I will be very, very surprised!

Reply #180747 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Ah, I see what it's all about now. Sheesh!! Even though I'm in the South 'non-yankee' part of the USA I am still somewhat perplexed at how this kind of stuff is even thought about, let alone made such a big deal of.
Cheers Isaac. I'm off to drive from Elizabeth City to Charlotte very soon.
I'll try to report on the game when we get back. It's a nearly 6 hour drive from here.

Reply #180833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754