Nemesis
Years ago

The Academy

I'm on a roll but pls excuse my ignorance. Is this academy in SA for boys, girls or both? Seems to me the recent injury woes of the lightning might have been easier to cover if the talent from the girls academy had been available? Was it?

Topic #1560 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Guys only, AFAIK. There might be scope to expand to include a girls program in the future (not aware of plans though), but the program is really only in its infancy at this stage.

Reply #17861 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Compare the age of the Lightning team to the age of the Sixers.

If there was a female Academy, who'd be in it considering that about 75-80% of the Lightning team fits the Academy age criteria?

I think there was a general feeling that the need was much more pressing for a male Academy rather than a female Academy or both.

Reply #17879 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

The Academy s in the early stages and maybe should look at a tour for a week.
Deak point on the lightning is valid but to start a women's academy you need someone who is willing to put the time in to get it up and running.

Reply #17884 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754