DB5
Years ago

Luke Cooper Athelete of the year for Alaska

Australian born point guard Luke Cooper has been named Athlete of the Year for the University of Anchorage Alaska.

Cooper is looking to play in Europe initially, but is looking to play the NBL as soon as European offers dry up..

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74838

Cannot say that I know too much about this guy, although a lot of teams are alleged to be interested in him.. Thoughts anyone?

Topic #15636 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Cooper played all his junior ball at Eltham and is the son of NBL veteran referee Mal Cooper.
Played his entire US College career at Alaska Anchorage, an NCAA Division 2 school that went to the final 4 this year. He picked up a stack of awards in this, his senior (and final) year at College.
Is a pass-first point guard and has limited scoring abilities. Solid point guard. Would be a solid NBL backup point guard. Mind you there are not that many good young PG's running around in the NBL right now...

Reply #184331 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have seen him mentioned in Sydney threads on OzHoops - wonder if they'll get him?

Reply #184468 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I have been looking around for info on him. Obviously Sydney wont be picking him up now lol, Isaac, do you know if any other team has looked at him?

Reply #191154 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything but then there are some posts on OzHoops thinking that Sydney might be saved yet.

Reply #191157 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks, I will go have a look.

Reply #191199 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754