face in the crowd
Years ago

a (junior) by-law Q

if your team has 2 teams in one grade you have to go up or down a grade before you can move laterally.

Q - my neice plays u16 for western magic they only have div 3 teams - can she move each week so they field a good team? she can't go up or down - cause there is no other team.

Topic #15654 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

MMM...stacking a team to field a good team!!!!? I think not. That is the very reason the rules are there.

Reply #184532 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

As I understand it, there is a certain period where movement is allowed between teams in the same division. At some point in the season it effectively gets "locked" so that movement can only occur in certain circumstances.
Best to contact your club secretary for clarification and specifics.

Reply #184538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe in winter season they cannot move AT ALL unless permission has been sought and granted by BSA.

Reply #184547 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Fair enough ... stand corrected.

Reply #184562 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

surely this question was not serious - cant play in 2 teams in same division otherwise every club enter 2 teams and the do old switch around week in week out

Reply #184582 | Report this post

Say What  
Years ago

Bsa By-Law 2.5 states it is not permitted unless by approved by their committee. Perhaps ask your coach to clarify.

Reply #184590 | Report this post

wondering  
Years ago

Interesting how the reserves in state champs is the Div 2 competition or for some country teams however Magic have 2 div 3 teams playing in the state reserves and no div two team in the normal comp.
Yet here they are trying to make one strong team in the reserves. If they can do that why cant they put a Div 2 team and a Div 3 team in the normal competition.
Actions speak loader than words. Obvious why, silly to ask the question.
For the record NO you can not stack one team for the State Champs............
Basketball SA has to step in and stop Magic from continually cheating.
Everyone sees it, everyone knows they do it.....
Shut them down and let the kids go to clubs that play a division higher than the skills in the team but at least do all they can to put a Div 1,2,3 team in the competition. These clubs have the real magic.

Reply #184642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the record NO you can not stack one team for the State Champs............

Yes you can. There is a completely different team list for state champs. This team list can be different to the teams run during winter season.

And I'm not sure that was the question the Western Magic person asked anyway? They've mentioned going up or down grades - can't do that at state champs.

Reply #184648 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Hey #184642 what are you on about, you are an absolute tool. Why don't you ask BSA about Magic not having a Div 2 team in the normal competition. I am very amazed you say you can not stack teams to make them stronger in the State Champs, clubs i know do it all the time. I would like to know how you can say Magic cheat and that they do it all the time where is your proof you idiot, it amases me that people say when you on forums like this you can not bag other clubs or action will be taken. So why have these so called people let this happen again? So many idiots like you bag Magic all the time GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

Also the kids that are playing at Magic have left because they were not happy at there other clubs reguardless of what Divisions Magic had.

The kids wanted to enjoy there basketball because that is the main priorty for them and there parents.

So why dont you get your facts right before you start writing bullshit like you have and do what your posted name says and wonder the f#$* away.

(Mod: That's wander......he he he)

Reply #184689 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is that you Spadge?

Reply #184698 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

BELEIVE IT OR NOT NO IT ISN'T.

Reply #184707 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

KOOL!

Reply #184730 | Report this post

# 13  
Years ago

GO ANON [=

Reply #184780 | Report this post

YAMIFAT  
Years ago

(#184698) Is that you Booga?

Reply #184809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754