Isaac
Years ago

How a no-name declared for the NBA Draft

Spotted this on TrueHoop - it's the site of Zach Feinstein, a guy who hasn't played basketball in years, yet declared for the 2008 NBA Draft.

Weaknesses
* Lacks Actual Basketball Skills, Ability, and Experience

Draft Zach Feinstein

Topic #15732 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Hilarious. At least now we have a backup plan to Julius Hodge.

Reply #185342 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Look at the nbadraftnet link and find the profile on 7ft 1 Russian Artem Zebelin. He is compared to a guy called Gregor Fucka:

No joke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Fucka

"Fucka played in the Junior World Championship in 1991, where he won the silver medal "

Also played in the 2000 Olympics.

Ouch . Unfortunate name.

Reply #185348 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I remember Fucka! The commentators were pronouncing it "Foosh-ka", but it looks like Fucka to me.

Reply #185349 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Sounds like my candidacy to the NBA draft, but without the Pros of: "drinking farmers union iced coffee", "ability to insults opposing team benches with no remorse" and "creator of hilarious chants"

Reply #185352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

while on nba draft, updates have been made to the 08 mock draft with jawai at number 28 and ingles at 48

Reply #185360 | Report this post

Carpenter  
Years ago

Yeah, so funny a name like that !?

Are you 3 years old? Fucka was one of the best players Italy produced in the last 20 years.

Reply #185361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carpenter your a bit of a Fucka haha

Reply #185366 | Report this post

Murry Magpie  
Years ago

Was he an angy Fucka?

Reply #185381 | Report this post

bringbackwallis  
Years ago

For 9 months, he sat in the womb of Mother Fucka.

Reply #185388 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

He was drafted by Philly in about 2002 (?) ... Imagine the merchandise sales for that jersey !!

Reply #185390 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

if you dont find fucka at least mildly amusing then you must have no scense of humour.id buy the jersey. im always being called a fucka.

Reply #185392 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Imagine him and Rudy Gay playing for Golden State. You could sell them in pairs...

Reply #185393 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Imagine them in the same team, commentators would have a field day:

"And tonight the fucka/gay combination has accumulated 43 points"

Reply #185396 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

According to the people have made themselves eligible Jawai has yet to committ to the draft

Reply #185410 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I don't think he has to 'declare' as he turns 22 this year and his name gets put in there automatically.

Reply #185499 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^

Or at least I think he turns 22 this year?

Reply #185500 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

How does that work 24? My name didn't get put into the draft automatically when I turned 22, I would have thought you'd still have to put your hand up for it?

Reply #185520 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Well, I'm sure you have to send some papers off at some point, but any college senior or international player who turns 22 is eligible automatically.

I'm not sure what SVD meant exactly, but because he is an international player turning 22 this year, Jawai won't have to enter as an 'early entry' player or anything like that, which would require sending in a letter of intent by a certain date. Plus, this will be his last year that he can enter the draft. After that, it's just FA signings that can get him in.

* I forgot Jawai attended college for a season, so his is an odd situation, but I think he falls under the 22 year old rule.

Reply #185522 | Report this post

School Boy  
Years ago

Love to see Stephen Hoare from The Melbourne Tigers team up with Gregor Fucka & Ruby Gay.

You could even throw in Simon Black as well.

Team sheet could read;

S. Black
R. Gay
S. Hoare
G. Fucka

Did a guy named Small ever play NBL or NBA? Would be interesting at the top of the score sheet.

Reply #185619 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754