DICKO
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic to return to NBL?

At 5 points....who would take him?

Pero gets re-rating

Topic #15806 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Are the Dragons looking at Jason Crowe so they can fit in a 5 point player? That was my first thought.

Reply #186188 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Just saw on the NBL site he may be returning to the NBL and had his rating down graded to a 5. Do people think he would be a good option for the 36ers???
I think he would be good, he is a SA boy i think and is a fringe starting 5 calibre player, i would probably rate him just ahead or atleast even to Cooper so is a good pick up at 5 points.
Giving us a big guy rotation of Schenscher, cooper, Ballinger and Pero, i think that would be the best we have had in years and one of the strongest in the league.

Reply #186192 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Have there not been personality clashes with him over the years? I wouldnt want to recruit him if he were to be venom to the team. Otherwise i think he could be a solid recruit as a back for Balls.

Reply #186196 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Based on out and out talent and physical gifts he is a bargain at 5 - he`s a risk (for the other stuff) but possibly worth it...

Reply #186209 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The only coach I've ever seen get close to taming him was Goorj. Certainly would make the Dragons look better rather than relying on Horvath (don't rate him, sorry) and Burston (who I do rate, but injury-prone).

Interesting possibilities.

Reply #186214 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If we cant get a ex college plyr surely at 5 Pero would be worth a look at. Scotty would know good and bad about him to make a decision . But he will have to get it right this time otherwise he would be looking for a actual job.

Reply #186223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When pero played in West Sydney, he averaged 13.42 points per game 9 rebounds and 3 turnovers for 34 minutes per game average.

At 12 minutes per game with Singapore, he averaged 3.46 points per game and 2.79 rebounds.

If the 36ers were able to give him 18+ minutes per game, do you think he could get 8-10 points and 6-8 rebounds?

However i think it is unlikely that Pero will play with the 36ers.

Reply #186247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754