Corey
Years ago

Hodge or no Hodge, I'm renewing

I will be renewing my season tix anyway this year and I hope everyone else does cause I think everyone may be forgetting we have an outstanding Captain playing his last year in the NBL...I know I will be there to see off this great Champion!

Of course I would love to see Hodge in a Sixers singlet again, but seeing Brett, the awesome player he has been over the years will be the main reason for renewing my tix this year!

C'mon everyone, get to as many games this season to farewell a great champion of ours!

Topic #15836 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

Yeah...last season my renewal was in doubt, however I think they've done well so far to put together some recruits to be challengers - though it still has the "we need a second import to be competitive" feeling to it, having Ballinger back, Schenscher giving us a starting centre presence, Brett Maher's last season and the defensive improvement last year, I think it'll be worth my cash.

Wonder if they'll go after Josh Pace, should Hodge not be available?

Reply #186464 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

You guys should live in Brisbane, you would fit in here.

When the Bullets are winning, everyone is a fan.
When the Lions are winning, everyone is a fan.
When the Broncos are winning, everyone is a fan.

I believe there is also a team called 'The Reds', but I dont know much about them, but I do know they never win.

Reply #186465 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Lollerbate.

Not renewing season tickets != no longer being a fan.

I've been a fan of the Sixers for as long as I've loved basketball. I was a fan in the near title in 94. I was a fan for Dave Claxton's tenure as coach where we were also-ran status. I was a fan for the back to back titles. I was a fan during the frustrating, first finals game exit years. I was a fan during the year we finished 11th and played no defense.

I would've attended some home games; and as always, watch away games on Foxtel. Any decision by me to not renew membership will always be based on the team's personnel, not the previous season's performance.

So I don't appreciate you insinuating otherwise.

Reply #186469 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

lol kad - was thinking similar thoughts

and as for the Reds......oh dear oh dear!

Reply #186472 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I sent off for my re-newal's the other day. I know I'll regret it if I didn't. I'm happy with the changes, the roster and the SA based bloke.

Corey! You also remind me about the legendary Captain.

I do hope Hodge will be back, but we'll see.

The team just now needs another import to compliment Balls.

Kad! I'm a fan of all those teams no matter what including those losing Reds, which again I know little about. Don't forget the laughing stock Bears in that list.

Reply #186478 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

James W - I wondered about Josh pace too.........does anybody know if he is still on the radar or has he been signed elsewhere?

Remember when Sixers were looking to replace Chappell, Pace was actually chased before Hodge - is he better than Hodge?

Reply #186480 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I still wish Newley was actually playing FOR the sixers. Regardless of Hodge coming back, he'd make for an A+ team for the Sixers.

If James W finally wants to send me the cash, I can send off for the season tickets already.

Reply #186481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have already renewed my tickets. Not only is its Brett's last season I aslo believe that he will notch up his 500th too, hoping all goes well with his body we might have a home game for that one.

And I'm so excited to see Adelaide's best talent playing togeather, man there are ants in my pants. I do agree we do need another import.

Reply #186483 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Big Marty. We do have 19 points still up our sleeves.

Get Newley back and that leaves us 9 points. There are a few 9 point imports out there or even go for Catallini. Still unsigned and worth 9 points.

Ahh, one can dream cant they?

Reply #186487 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

How do you come up with the conclusion that we have 19 points to spend on two positions? Last I heard suggested we were likely to have only about 5-6 points after signing an import for a backup pf...

Reply #186494 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Check the points ratings. We have 19 to burn on an import and a back-up PF. (I was surprised when I first heard too.)

Reply #186499 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Approximately, how many season tickets would they sell?

Reply #186500 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If we have 9 points left for a Aust. who are we looking at or could look at for P Fwd. or even we have points we dont have the coin to sign a highly rated Aust. plus a import. Dont know about Cats injuries or money he would demand these days but how good would it be to see Brett and Cat together again.
Especially as we still need a scorer and a fit Cat can do that ok .
If no Hodge without knowing too much i think Pace on the points he was scoring in NZ shows he can play in our type of competition although N B L obviously stronger

Reply #186501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how much for a season ticket

Reply #186533 | Report this post

quasty  
Years ago

Gold season tickets are $320 for adults, silver are $280.

Imagine if the 6ers could get the intensity of Davidson, Cattalini and Hodge all in the same team! One of the past criticisms has been that we lack passion and aggression. That would be worth paying to see!

Reply #186536 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

With all of Cat's injuries would he really be worth the risk? Maybe 2 seasons ago I would say yes, but not after last season. I'm pretty sure if we were going to sign him Ninnis would have signed him by now.

Reply #186574 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Pardon my ignorance but what makes one import 9 points and another 10 points? What's the difference?

Reply #186788 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players have a default rating when they enter the league (restricted players are 10, others are 3 based on years at the AIS or in college, etc). After that first year or first contract, they are re-rated via the NBL's method and any appeals.

You can see the points list here.

Reply #186804 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I think the cat would be a great 6th man. When Balls & schen rest, we go with coops, cat and homes. Pretty solid i think.

We still need that all important ball handling import.

Reply #186859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754