Anonymous
Years ago

Hornets @ Spurs, Game 6 Discussion

Who do you reclon will win this one. Will the Hornets become the first team in ages to win a game away from home and wrap up the series or will the spurs send it to decding game 7. It seems dangerous to tip against the home team the way things have been going recently but I think (and hope) that the Hornets can get the job done and most likley go on to play the lakers. I've never liked the Spurs and I'm really sick of seeing them in the playoffs, they're so boring and there around in the post season year after year. Go Hornets.

Topic #15843 | Report this topic

Spurs wont win this year cos its 2 in a row otherwise so Hornets will win at home i hope cos i really hate Robert Horry

Reply #186543 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Spurs have the "Home court curse" against them. CP3 is actually fast enough to keep up and stop Tony Parker and Manu, and Tim duncan is boring.

I can see Paul and West dominating most of the game. Go Hornets.

Reply #186547 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Spurs by double figures.

West to not score double figures.

Manu leading scorer for Spurs.

Reply #186551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

remember game 6 is in SA. so spurs have the home cdour advantage.

Reply #186553 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Tim Duncan is boring is not a reason why the Spurs will lose

We see them deep in the playoofs year after year because they are a TEAM. Not a bunch of individuals playing for stats

Spurs in 7

Reply #186563 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm tipping a close game in game 6 which hasn't really happened for a long time between these two teams. I'm hoping the Hornets can get up in game 6 to knock off the Spurs and make for an interesting conference final (against the Lakers). Look out for CP3 to step up BIG this game!

Reply #186570 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

The Hornets are $3.50 to win today but the Spurs are $3.30 to win the series.

The Cavs are $7 to win the series

Reply #186594 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Cross posting from above;

NOvSA -> http://www.justin.tv/psn_tr3s

Im on NO +7.5

Reply #186604 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I hope the Hornets take it out today and move onto the next round. But this years playoffs keeps showing the home teams winning. The Hornets have the firepower to win if the team steps up. CP3 can't do it alone.

If West & Chandler step up again, the Hornets should win.

Reply #186605 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

A guy here has $200 on Hornets to win today at $3.60. I think he is crazy!

Reply #186607 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I'm really hoping for NOH to take them out. Big first quarter from Duncan unfortunately, 14 pts and 5 boards, Spurs up by 12.

Reply #186609 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

FFS. Spurs up by 20.

Is game 7 in New Orleans?

Reply #186630 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Not one to brag....

"Spurs by double figures.

West to not score double figures.

Manu leading scorer for Spurs"

Devastated that west scored 10 points.

Looking forward to three massive game 7's.
(fingers crossed cavs and jazz fans)

Reply #186632 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Here's a trivia question for someone who is bored. How many times have all five starters for a team recorded the same number of rebounds?

I have no idea of the answer but know it has happened at least once - all Hornets had 6 boards in todays game. Weird.

Reply #186635 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Was about to give you props Quagmire. The question is - did you put your money where your mouth is.

Reply #186638 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Ahhhhh....yesss...
you owe me $50.

Reply #186642 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Doesn't look great for the Hornets (from ESPN):

"West, who played with back pain in Game 5, fell to the floor after being picked from behind by Spurs forward Robert Horry, who was called for an offensive foul. Laying face down on the floor, West put his left arm behind him and rested it on his lower back before going to the locker room."

If West doesn't make game seven the Spurs will win easily. If he does it will be too close to call, although I would give the Spurs the "favourite" tag - but only just.

Reply #186645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754