Anonymous
Years ago

Wayville Thursday - roof leaking

A horrid night last night at wayville when first social and U16 district games were stopped when the roof started leaking on the court and then in the next set of games after the previous were abandoned the power failed stopping those and games after. not a very fun night, but not one you see every week.

Topic #16133 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that was a shocker. It wasn't just a leak here or there but a nice evemly spread rain throughout the stadium. Very weird an a pain for all involved. Apparantly has happened before but doesn't happen every time it rain I know that much. Pretty hard problem to fix I would think (the roof not the power). Thought Wayville was a good stadium. Sort of thing I thought i'd see @ hillcrest or port adelaide if anywhere.

Reply #189957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have seen something similar at port adelaide, where a gutter collapsed or something and half of court two was covered with water very quickly.

Not fun for those involved there either.

Reply #189969 | Report this post

Baller_kid  
Years ago

why pick on hillcrest..

it ain't as bad as Marion, port adelaide, morphetvale or mount barker

Reply #190013 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"why pick on hillcrest..it ain't as bad as Marion, port adelaide, morphetvale or mount barker"

hillcrest is AS bad as port adelaide and worse than morphetvale and mount barker IMO.

Reply #190018 | Report this post

DG  
Years ago

What's wrong with Mount Barker ?
Pretty good IMO.

Reply #190034 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

Ever played on that "superb" concrete floor they have up there DB?

It does not even come close to a safe playing surface and that particular court should be banned from district matches.

Give me Pt Adelaide, Hillcrest & Marion with their "dead spots" any day.

Reply #190089 | Report this post

Hire-a-hubby  
Years ago

Good to see the maintenance program at one of the better stadiums is in a similar position to basketball as a whole!

I remember Wayville leaking in previous years - it's not really that hard to fix if you're prepared to spend some money. So I guess that's where the problem lays.

Reply #190166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nick is right

Reply #191646 | Report this post

replay  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the games that were cancelled due to th power failure will be replayed and if so when

Reply #191772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

g

Reply #208774 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754