The_Champ33
Years ago

Reports: Raptors in talks with Pacers to deal Ford

Jermaine O'Neal rumoured to be traded to the Raptors according to ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3457325

Topic #16236 | Report this topic

jules  
Years ago

This was reported on NBA.com, Toronto Star.com, Prosportsdaily.com, Hoopshype.com, IndianapolisStar.com, and it made me so happy

But then this fag ruined everything

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvPLI4fG.W7edm1yO.AhaHQ5nYcB?slug=aw-tradeoff062308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bring on the Europeans again......

:(

Reply #191238 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Yeah, so many trades semm to be about the teams budget and less about what they are putting together as a team... O'neal and Bosh on the same team? Could that of worked? Who is guarding the center- coz O'neal has proven he doesn't like the 5 spot.

76ers should be looking at someone like o'neal, he could play at the 4 for two seasons, see how they go then rebuild when he and andre miller come off the books.

A starting 5 of miller, green, iggy, o'neal and big dal... pretty good man when you think cheeks gets to coach em too...
Bench is decent too- williams, carney and young, and who-ever they draft...

They could be top 4 in the LEast, sorry, East.

Reply #191241 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Well its either Jermaine and Bosh or...

Rasho/Bosh

Bargnani/Bosh

Lopez/Bosh

Diaw/Bosh (Tj & 17th for Diaw talked about)

thats yucky...

Reply #191242 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That would be a great deal for Toronto if it goes ahead. They would be top 4 all of a sudden, unless Jermaine really is washed up with injuries. I don't think he is though and it is worth the risk anyway, since he only 2 years left on his contract.

I could see Indiana doing it too, provided they are sure TJ is over his injury problems. They wouldn't want to repeat the pain of the past few years with Tinsley's constant injuries though.

But if they are confident about TJ's health, it would work for them, because they get a good point and shed a whole lot of salary by taking on a guy like Nesterovic, whose $8mill comes off the books after the coming season.

Incidentally, looking at Toronto's roster flexibility, the odds are good they will find a home for TJ and can make a good trade happen. Nesterovic, Parker and Garbajosa add up to $16 mill worth of expiring contracts they can combine with TJ Ford to make an attractive offer to a range of teams.

A lot of GMs would love to be in that position!

Reply #191248 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Just a thought, but could this proposed trade just be a smoke screen laid out by indiana to make people think they won't draft a PG? I got DJ Augustine as a lock to go to Indiana...

Reply #191249 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Possible I guess, if the Pacers think there is a team just above them who have:
1. Two 1st round picks; and
2. Are considering drafting a big first in the hope that a good PG will still be available when they make their second pick.

Only one team really fits the two draft picks (that are high enough) criteria: New Jersey. But unless Indiana think Harris is going to be moved, why would they expect NJ to take a point guard at 10?

If I were NJ, I'd be looking at all options to get a decent big. If they had a good defensive post player they would be a good team.

Reply #191260 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Just a thought Quagmire, who would Philly be trading to match jermaine's 18 million while keeping those players around him?

Reply #191283 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Reggie Evans.

Just kidding. Totally didn't think what they would have to give up...
Miller i guess, let louis williams run the team with Green and maybe draft a solid point like chalmers?
They have the 16th pick so perhaps they will have to try and move up or just hope a decent point lasts that long..

I'd rather trade away Williams coz Miller is all team and all heart. GM's seem to not think that way though and will want to keep the younger player...

Not sure if that works with salaries but from memory 76ers have room to move...

Reply #191387 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754