Quagmire
Years ago

Bowie over Jordan no 2?

Chicago passed on the best freshmen to ever play college basketball. (thats a stats thing only, but still, it is what it is)

They drafted a point guard with good size, sound D, good not great jumper and good not great court vision but excellent leadership and penetration skills (lol)

Most pundits agree with the decision, let it be said that most agreed with the Bowie over MJ call too, until Michael brought the air...

Now let it be said i have bagged the Beast before- called him a potential Glen Robinson as i recall, but i have done my homework since and really, he is a special talent.

So- put me down for being the guy who said Chicago blew the chance to draft a mega superstar and instead got a solid star. The Bowie MJ incident has just been evened out.

Footnote- if Miami do anything to trade the Beast, they are fools.

Topic #16303 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw some comments about Chicago hopefully not allowing Rose to ride a motorbike!

Reply #192088 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Justified, seeing as the last point guard we drafted nearly had his leg amputated after a motorbike crash!

Reply #192096 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Quagmire... the kid did have amazing numbers in just one season of college, but WOULD YA LOOK AT THAT MUG SHOT! The guy is clearly shifty... LOL

For those who haven't seen it, view Micks mug here:
http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/MichaelBeasley.html

Reply #192176 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

I here ya with this call. However, Im not so sure. This will be a great hindsight call I think. As they are both so young, you never really know how their games with go in the big league.
The bullies were desperate for a prototype pg, and they certainly appear to have gotten that with Rose.
From my view point, it will be nice having a pg who can actually take it to the rack and DUNK/finish.
Hometown boy obviously made the decision a little easier, despite what Poxson has said to the media on that subject.

As for Beasley, it will be interesting to see how well he bangs against the bigger bodies. He certainly can shoot the lights out, but at 6 8", he is more of a 3 man. If he been a genuine 6 10", the story may have been different. Guys like Charles and Brand have made a living out of being short power forwards, but the Bulls dont appear to have given up on TT at the 4. Sidebar - Beasley fractured sternum 30 mins into first practice....oh my!

If Rose turns out to be a bigger version of CP3, this may be the biggest no brainer of the decade.

Reply #192946 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754