wow
Years ago

Bogut makes more than Al Jefferson

talk about the Bucks management.

Al Jefferson = franchise player who will be a regular all-star when the Wolves get better.

Bogut = 1st pick draft bust.

amazing aint it?

Topic #16436 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Wow - both by name and statement. If Bogut is not an All-Star this year or next year I will be surprised.

He averaged 14.5 and 10 this year - a couple of blocks and he is a nice passer for a big dude.

He average 16 and 12 after the All-Star break.

I rarely say this on this forum and god knows I often have the oppurtunity - you sir are an idiot!

Reply #193555 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

please.

Bogut has been in the NBA for 3 years now.

he's a first overall pick, and if u consider 14.5/10 good numbers for that calibre pick, then your head is screwed up. Also considering that his defence is quite average.

the Bucks would've been better off choosing Bynum if they wanted a big guy.

and im guessing u'd take Bogut over Al Jefferson?

lol

Reply #193557 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Bogut plays D ... see how much Al Jefferson wins over his career.

Reply #193559 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Jeff signed his contract as a sign of goodwill and a sign that he is unique for a professional athlete. He said he didn't think he deserved a max contract so signed significantly below - doesn't mean that Bogut is better or worse - thems just the facts...

Reply #193560 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Actually, the only reason Bogut made (not the past tense) more is that he was the No 1 pick. Big Al is coming off his rookie contract, and will earn $65 million over the next 5 years. He'll earn $11m next season, Bogut six.

Bogut's extension will get him 60 million + bonuses. Both of them will make 12m in 2010 and from there on, basically, the only way Bogut will make more than Jeff is if he earns it through his play.

But lets not get facts involved, right?

Reply #193563 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

twenty four how dare you brng knowledge and fact into an argument on this forum. I am going to ask Isaac that you be banished.

Reply #193564 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Firstly, understand why the Bucks made Bogut number 1 in the draft.

Secondly, understand why the Bucks didn't choose Bynum with the number 1 in the draft.

Thirdly, Al Jefferson will never be an all-star if he remains with the T-Pups. Currently in the Western Conference there are so many better players on the ballot in front of Jefferson. In the West, Jefferson (if classed as a center) has to get past Ming and Amare to even stand a chance.

It's even worse if he's classed as a forward, he's way behind Duncan, Melo, Dirk, Boozer. Hell, even Battier, Durant and Grant Hill polled better than Jefferson.

Bogut is a top 5 center in the East, and it's debatable that he could be in the top 3. On the ballots moron's were still voting Shaq as a All-Star. In the future his real only competition is Dwight Howard.

Bogut and the Bucks have the better contract than Jefferson and the T-Pups.

Al Jefferson:
2008: $11,000,000
2009: $12,000,000
2010: $13,000,000
2011: $14,000,000

Bogut:

2008: $6,300,000
2009: $8,200,009 (qualifying offer)
2010: $12,000,000
2011: $12,000,000

and Boguts contract will always be $12m until it expires..

Reply #193566 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Complaining about Bogut's stat line and using that as an excuse for pay is laughable.

Take Durant; congrats, he averaged some nice stat averages... because he plays on a shite team where he's the major offensive threat. If Redd passed the ball more to the inside (the same way say the Orlando magic handle Dwight), then Bogut can easily get 20/10 averages and make the cash value he has assigned; actually look good.

Keep in mind that Jefferson gets stats for being the best in his team; same as Lebron and Melo. While yes, in Lebron's situation, you've actually got a brilliant player who deserves everything he gets, you still do a Garnett and slam him into a team with 2 other franchise players, you're going to get standard stat lines.

Long story short. Bogut is a piece in a team with no major standouts, however considering the alternatives the team can afford, he's a bloody good pick; and for all we know, he could do a CP3 or D-Will and have his breakout season this year.

Reply #193572 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Please, BOGUTS NOT A BUST!.

Reply #193584 | Report this post

Years ago

Really, nobody expected either Jefferson or Bynum to be this good this early. They were basically unknown comodities coming out of high school, and were lauded for the bodie size and potential more than anything else. Jefferson scored over 40 points per game in his Senior year of high school, but it was supposedly against weak competition, and he was considered undersized and overweight for his projected position (Power Forward). Bynum was considered a project, years away from contributing, and there were questions of whether he could handle the NBA life at such a young age (he was still 17 when drafted). Both have come along in leaps and bounds, and full credit to them for doing so. But at the time of the 2005 draft, if the Bucks had picked either of them ahead of Bogut, their staff would have been laughed out of the building.

Reply #193597 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Wasn't Bogut also college player of the year or some such?

I think Bogut's stat line for the past 3 seasons is only a reflection of his team...his rebound count is fine, you're all just complaining because he doesn't do a 20/12 performance every night. I suspect that everyone equates "number 1 draft pick" to "dominates the game every night regardless of playing on a shite team".

If they ran more plays for Bogut to get the ball in the paint, rather than mortgaging on Michael Redd knocking down shots, Bogut would be a very big offensive threat and could force a double team on most offensive trips down the floor. There's no question in my mind that he has the skills; the Bucks just need a real assist giver to get him the ball.

Reply #193615 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I think Jefferson has a long way to go before he is considered in all star class, and I don't think there is any guarantee he will get there.

I just think 2005 was a weak draft year, hence he went a bit higher than normal. If he had a couple people drafted infront of him, then people would probably be happy with what he is doing and how he is developing.

Its just the stigma that comes with being a number 1 draft pick. You have to turn out to be a franchise player, or people will continually bag you and call you a bust.

Reply #193643 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dey BOTH suck !!!

one is a Garnett wannabe n the other is de 2nd comin of Laetner !!

Reply #193647 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

It will be interesting to compare Oden's stats with Bogut's rookie year and current stats.

I think Bogut has done well. Regardless of what people say I think he was the best big guy in his draft. I know Bynum will be better but he was a huge risk at the time (young, unproven, big upside but Kwame/Kandy man downside). Bogut was the best big man choice. Whether or not he should have been number 1 or not is an entirely different story (CP3, Deron).

Reply #193652 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Dwight "Flagship Player" Howard gets his notoriety for being the centrepiece of a par team. He gets the stats because people target him.

If you compare yearly progression on the part of the 05' class, apart from CP3; statistically there isn't anyone else that stands out over Bogut. While Deron Williams is quite good, comparing his stats for the role he plays against Bogut basically breaks even.

I think Bogut's only mistake is wanting a 6 year deal. I'd be smart enough to warrant 3 w/option so there's a little leverage.

Keep in mind, who'd want to buy out Bogut's contract if a trade WAS requested. It's a bit excessive, but considering the bucks need him more than anyone else...

Reply #193666 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

i'm gonna grow me a 7.0 son so's he can earn millions playin bball !! but den again i'm only '5.2' so wats de chances of dat?

mayb dey hav some of dat gentic enginerrin happening or i find me a good 6.0ft lady bballer !!

Reply #193681 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Playa, you're only 5'2" huh? What were the odds on that?

Reply #193689 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Bogut would be a 20/10 guy if Redd passed to him more?

WTF?

overate much?

Let me guess, Bogut would also be DPOY of the year if the Bucks played defence; win the scoring title and FG% if they passed to him moar; and be a MVP 30/10/4/100% FG dude and be better than Shaq in his prime if he was on teh right team.

Reply #193691 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

wow and playa

I'm taking comfort in the fact that school hollidays are finishing in 7 days...
My eyes hurt trying to read your BS posts made up of 'gansta' abreviations

Reply #193747 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Now official - Bogut inked the deal.

http://linky.com.au/19ybm

Bring on Beijing!

Reply #193756 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

If i was a GM i'm signing the Bogut deal and wouldn't offer anything for Jefferson.

Bogut is a competitor, so much so that he has clearly sacrificed his own stats for the team concept.

He is a legit 7 footer with skills and will have a period of about 8-10 seasons (from age 25-35) where he will be dominant.

I see Al-Jeff as having peaked. Think Zach Randolph. 20/10...but who cares???

If sessions develops, Redd and now Jefferson in the mix... Bucks will be way better than the t-wolves.

Reply #194211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754