Shawn Redhage / Forward / 202cm
Glen Saville / Guard/Forward / 197cm
Mark Worthington / Forward / 202cm

No surprises really IMO.

http://linky.com.au/y3o2w

Topic #16440 | Report this topic

pavement  
Years ago

that team is pimp!!! cant wait to see them take on the USA team in early august, does anyone know if the boomers v USA games are on foxtel??

Reply #193618 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Skip - You just beat me to it!

As expected, Kendall was dropped.

Reply #193619 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Maybe pimped in Australian terms, but it's still going to struggle against the better countries if they continue this BS 3 point shooting contest they are currently playing.

I think it is the best side we can take, may of taken Harvey instead of Sav but it's no biggie. I just see the powerhouses of international basketball being a lot better than Australia.

Reply #193634 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

Yes harvey would have pipped saville in my opinion too, but goorj has his favourites. Saville is superior to harvey in body strength which could help against bigger teams but also experience, however harvey was the best scoring aussie in the nbl last yr (correct me if im wrong) and he can score from outside which we need. So many players on this team are 'jacks of all trades and masters of none'. Does anyone know why helliwell was given opportunities over schenscher? was luke's form in practice that much worse than that big stiff?

Big Nate and aaron bruce also would have made the team if i was coach.

Reply #193636 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I will correct you, Anstey was the best scoring Aussie.

Reply #193639 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I wold like to see Gorj build a team for the future or run the Olympics and Worlds with 2 different styles as soccer does.

One team could be the blooding of the youth, the other the best we have.

I think the soccer rule is under 25 for the Olympics so that they protect theglory of the world cup.

Under 25 Aussie team would not lack effort and would expose our best up and coming talent to the world.

Gorj then also has the chance to see what they are like on the world stage rather than work it out based on in house scrimage and crap games against Iran.

Thoughts?

Reply #193641 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

Where is all the Jingles haters gone? I thought he wasn't good enough?

I think that is the best team IMO...

Jawai could have played but chose to pursue his NBA opportunity and it paid off 2 year contract to him so No doubt he will be there in London in 2012

Reply #193646 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de aus team should b good practise 4 de better teams ta hone der skillz in de prelims in de Olympiz !!

Reply #193649 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Hey playa this ones for you... and only USD9.99...

Reply #193653 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

continued from above...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Learning-Company-381493-PreSchool/dp/B000068NNN

Enjoy...

Reply #193654 | Report this post

BabyJ  
Years ago

I can't believe Saville is in the team. He is way past it

Reply #193655 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

It had to be either him or Sammy Mac - he made it by default... He`s getting on but he`s the kind of mongrel, scrappy player that you need in international competition (not forgetting his experience - even if it`s only from the bench, locker room, team bus, etc) - let`s be honest he`s not going to get more than 5 minutes (if any at all) so it`s no big deal... I was a bit surprised to see him make it - but he`s not out of place for the experience/scapper factor IMHO.

Reply #193678 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Bloody hell playa keep the posts coming homie you crack me up every time.

don't think Harvey could have been an option. There is 6 guards in that squad but if you left out Sav would have only been 2 three men. Had to be in there for the right balance and I get the impression Sav is the type of guy who everyone who plays with him wants on their team. Unselfish, but one of the best going aroun d who can light it up when required. Rebounds, defends, can post up and obviously can score too. I like him a lot.

Good team. I'm a bit surprised that people think the other international teams are so much better though. IMO they are not. Telent in Australian basketball is just as good as most other countries. I like our chances of a medal, but it could go anyway depending on a bit of luck and other results etc

Reply #193708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754