thedoctor
Years ago

NBA Games in NYC March 2009

Hi All,

The new NBA schedule is out and it means I can now make some arrangements for my trip to NYC.

Out of the games shown below, (either Knicks or Nets - doesn't matter), which two or three games would you go to and why?

Wed March 18th  Ney York VS New Jersey  local derby

Fri March 20th  Miami at New Jersey AND Sacramento at Knicks (games on at same time)

Sunday March 22nd  Cleveland at New Jersey

Monday March 23rd  Orlando at Knicks

Wed March 25th  LA Clippers at Knicks

Cheers

Topic #16757 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Good work doctor, imagine going all the way to NYC and not going to a game!

I would check out the local derby and either Miami at Jersey for Marion, Beasley & Wade or Cavs at Jersey for LeBron's courting by Jay Z, you might cop an eyeful of Beyonce at that one too. Good luck getting tix.

Reply #197222 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Maybe the Orlando-NY? I reckon the NJN stadium wouldn't compare to MSG. Orlando's team is on the rise, plus I'd watch any D'Antoni team ahead of the current Nets.

I'd love to see Howard in the flesh. I'm a man who's married, and Dwight's another man, but I'm intrigued by his body. To be that tall, buff and athletic...

(If I was Bill Simmons, I would have said 'Dwight's top 3 in my 'Other men's bodies I'd like to have' list - maybe top 2'.)

Reply #197228 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

You are a funny man Nutwork.

For all of you out there that was a dig at my impending trip OS.

Reply #197232 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

18 Mar- NY Vs NJ

You have to watch the local derby

20 Mar- Heat Vs Nets- Potential athletism and flair.

22- Cavs Vs Jersey- See Lebron & more of course like Jay-Z.

23- Magic Vs Knicks- See Howard in person & Ewing coaching. Worth watching.

They are my picks mate.

Reply #197237 | Report this post

Why aren't u seeing a phoenix game

Reply #197244 | Report this post

milky  
Years ago

having watched several games at madison square garden, i have to recommend you get there to watch basketball as often as you can.

reallistically, you must go to the local derby. the media coverage around that thing is pretty heated - i was in new york as they started talking about the game (which was actually in new jersey), and had to leave a couple of days before the game which was disappointing.

i am a knicks fan, so i'd go to all their games. but the opportunity to see lebron in person in new jersey would be difficult to pass up.

Reply #197252 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG - two reasons.

1. - I'm a Spurs fan, which means I've seen enough of Phoenix in the playoffs the last few years.

2. - They don't play in New York while I'm there.

Reply #197253 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Milky!

I love you! Glad to see another Knicks fan.

Reply #197259 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

I would go and see if the Clippers are ay good this year. Also, the Miami game even though i hate wade. The Knicks-Cavs game at MSG would be pretty good if Lebron puts on another sow like he did last season (almost triple double with 50-odd points)

Reply #197286 | Report this post

MSGGG  
Years ago

I went to a CAVS vs KNICKS game in 2006. The atmosphere is amazing...... all eyes are on LEbron pre game no one even cares about the Knicks.

Definately go the Cavs game.

BTW EDDIE CURRY IS MASSIVE!!!

Reply #197294 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Id go local derby

Miami at New Jersey for wade marion and beasley

Cleveland at New York LeBron live would be awesome

I am so jealous right now =)

Reply #197362 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think Ak-47 has the right idea. Thanks guys.

Reply #197377 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just bought the tickets - got front row behind the Cavs bench for the Cavs/Nets game and 6th row opposite side of players bench for the Knicks/Nets game.

Credit card took a beating, but I'm happy with the tickets

Reply #200152 | Report this post

Giraffe 46  
Years ago

Jay Z will be on tour I think it kicks off March 22nd in Fla.

Reply #224797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754