Isaac
Years ago

Bogut says Boomers like underdog status

Basketball finally has top spot on news.com.au through some good news, via a Fox Sports story quoting Andrew Bogut in the lead-up to the Boomers' Olympic campaign.

Underdog Boomers ready to bite, says Andrew Bogut

"Some countries laugh at us before we play them so it is good fun to go in there and knock them off and see their faces at the end of the game," Bogut said.

"We like to be the underdogs and keep level-headed, and that is the way Australia performs best when no-one gives us a chance."
He notes his immaturity at the last Games too:
"I was a 19-year-old immature snot who didn't take it all in," he said.

"My head was spinning and I was a grumpy fellow back then."

Nice publicity work from Bogut. Looking forward to seeing how the team does.

Topic #16778 | Report this topic

DR  
Years ago

He is refreshing, you actually watch his interviews cos he never just says 'the norm'.

He speaks his mind, he stands up and says the reason he is where he is is because of the 'experts' who cut him as a junior, all his knockers have an amazing amount of humble pie all over them...

AB is great for us, he is fearless and stands for the right shit.

Great for us

Reply #197503 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dey r undadogs fer a reason !!!

Reply #197505 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Methinks Playa is a 15 year old kid who still thinks it's cooler to go for the Dream Team...

It doesn't matter if Australia are underdogs, I'll be supporting them nonetheless.

Reply #197508 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

It's just our way, Australians like the underdog. while Americans seem to like the front-runner.

Reply #197509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

playa for god sake shut up.

Reply #197510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many people need to tell you that b4 u realise the stuff you say is completely stupid?

Reply #197511 | Report this post

Years ago

My money is on playa being an average, literate member of society killing themselves laughing at how they manage to wind everyone up with each carefully constructed post.

Reply #197512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand why most people on this site hate 'playa', but I do think he his great for a laugh.

Reply #197516 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

Sure, he speaks his mind, or speaks whatever mind he has. He comes across as being incredibly dim. I can't stand to hear him speak.

Reply #197517 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Any laugh from "Playa"'s posts lasts about 3 nanoseconds...

but anyway, at least if there's people like him around, there'll still be people to pump my petrol for me some day.

Reply #197563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quote Joe Johnson:
Sure, he speaks his mind, or speaks whatever mind he has. He comes across as being incredibly dim. I can't stand to hear him speak.
Done you diss Boges, he da man.

Reply #197675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754