Isaac
Years ago

NBL announces one-year Fox deal

One-year deal, misses first few games, all of the Finals to be covered:

The new one-year deal will ensure that the NBL will continue to have a strong television presence in Australia through FOX SPORTS, extending a relationship that first began almost 15 years ago.

The agreement will see FOX SPORTS cover at least one game a week live starting in October, as well as all games of the 2009 NBL Finals series.
Full article on NBL.com.au

Topic #16886 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

At least we have something. Best we could expect in the current climate.

Reply #198862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope channel 9 also continue with their edited highlightes package on sunday morning.

Reply #198864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hopefully any games from NZ aren't counted in that one game and are an extra chance to see sides on the road.

Reply #198873 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

personally i am going to miss all the threads about fox doing / not doing the nbl. Well for the next 12 months at least

Reply #198879 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isaac - The NZ games were never live were they?

Reply #198886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip I believe the games were delayed quite a bit cause fox showed them around 9:30 aus time which is even later australian time. The NZ game annoy me a little bit with the super high camera angle but I still enjoy it.

Reply #198896 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I'm guessing there's no provision for FTA coverage in this (except maybe the Nine highlights package again), but what does the NBL have to lose by trying to insert a clause to the effect of 'Fox can choose its weekly game, but local broadcasters can show all other non-Fox games, provided they're not shown live (and for the right fee)'?

Also: no suggestion of what day of the week Fox proposes to show its weekly game?

Reply #198906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They usually were not live, no. A live broadcast would've been shown at around 4-5 in the afternoon.

Reply #198923 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

It's better than nothing I guess.

Although I had to chuckle at "Strong television presence in Australia through Foxtel"....the only way the NBL could be in a weaker position is if it were shown on ACE.

Reply #198930 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Fox is probably the number 1 reason the sport went down the drain to begin with. With no ratings at the moment, internet free streaming is the way to go.

Reply #198942 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

It's weak as....

This does nothing to enhance the game to anyone.

The NBL is like an old Leyland P76, and Fox has come along to help us with some shiny new plastic hubcaps.

One game! Big deal!

Reply #198976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not going to do much but IS better than nothing.

I'd rather they tread water than drown.

Reply #199042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754