Isaac
Years ago

Dragons may lose Ebi Ere

Seems like the Dragons' pick-up of Ebi Ere wasn't as locked in as we might've thought.

Ere is off to NBA veterans' camp and the Dragons don't want to be left waiting too long. Molloy likes the fill-in import mentioned previously on this site, Tremmell Darden, but Goorjian will have the final decision when the Olympics wrap up.

An article on the Herald Sun has a childishly amusing quote from Molloy:

"I don't think the door is closed completely," Molloy said. "Ebi's got a couple of balls in the air, but we're pretty sure there are some more alluring prizes in Ebi's lucky dip than what the NBL can offer right now. Good luck to him, but I just don't think we can wait around. We had to put Plan B into place."
Full article: South Dragons looking for new import after losing Ebi Ere

Topic #17043 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Massive shame for the league. He is a superstar down here. Can't say that I feel for the Dragons however.

Reply #200975 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Also, Could it be at all possible that in a months time when Ebi has exhausted all his NBA options that he signs with the Tigers?

Reply #200976 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

That all depends on whether Melbourne can fit Ere and Hodge under the salary cap.....

Silly me, as if the Tigers would let a little thing like the salary cap get in the way!

Reply #200979 | Report this post

I would just like to know what relevance Ebi's balls being in the air has.

Reply #200981 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Dunno, but it might have something to do with his door being open ?

(Mod: Only 10 am and I think we have our post of the day.)

Reply #200986 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

It would be a little sad for Australia. I love watching Ebi play.

Shoot or dunk. We see some beautiful basketball.

Reply #201002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the other hand, this may bring the dragons back to the pack somewhat. Ebi was easily a top 5 player in the league, and although the Dragons are still stacked, his loss will hurt them.

Reply #201017 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

His replacement is having some decent numbers.

Reply #201055 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Oh well cowan will save 400K a year then

Reply #201056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754