Anonymous
Years ago

Tom Maher/Timms and Opals job

Is Tom Maher in the running for the Opals job? What about Timms also?

Topic #17100 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

Has Jan Stirling been sacked or has she stood down? If neither, why won't she keep the job? The worlds 2nd best womens team is nothing to be sneezed at! You'd be damn unlucky to get the flick after winning silver.

Reply #201525 | Report this post

:knowledge  
Years ago

jan has retired!

Reply #201526 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Thanks, hadn't heard.

Reply #201527 | Report this post

in the nose  
Years ago

Cari Graf

Reply #201550 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

if jan hasnt retired she should, two olypics is enough she doesnt have the ability to create a match plan to defeat the US.

Tom Maher no way he has been there done that and a big NO.

Graff deserves the job

Reply #201591 | Report this post

JTT  
Years ago

Im with Drb. Im over Jan, bring in someone new! She is too old school for me.

Reply #201675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you guys forgetting that Australia are actually World Champions and that we (with Jan coaching) beat the USA in that game????

The Opals happened to have their worst shooting display in the entire tournament in the gold medal game - a coach can have the best ever game plan but if players can not put the ball through the hole that plan is not going to be successful.

If Jan is retiring, good on her she has done an excellent job.

If she is not, she should remain as the Aussie coach having achieved World Champion status and 2 silver medals at the Olympics!

BTW, I am not a Jan fan however you must give credit where credit is due and in her case she deserves it.

Reply #201932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might want to check your facts mate because the Opals beat Russia in the Final of the World Championships. Didn't play the US at all in that Tournament.

The Opals had a recent win against the US but not when the US were full strength and not in a game that mattered.

I think Jan is a fantastic coach and I would have no problem with her continuing in the role.

I also would have no issue with either Carrie Graf or Tom Maher coaching the Opals. Timms isn't ready and I am sure will not seriously be considered.

Reply #201939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So going by Drb's comment then does the same apply to the mens coach as well?

Reply #202052 | Report this post

Duh  
Years ago

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark me, Jan has been amazing. Cant come up with a game plan to beat USA. Have you checked out the USA group?? Tell he super coach, what game plan should she have used??

Reply #202054 | Report this post

John 57  
Years ago

Mike D'Antoni
he would bring a lot to the team
... OH WAIT WOMENS BASKETBALL DOES NOT MATTER THE SLIGHTEST BIT.

Reply #202058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754