skip
Years ago

Ingles to Europe?

Noticed on John Rillies Blog a rumour that Joe Ingles has recieved an offer from Europe and is considering leaving the dragons.

Anyone know anymore? That would put a big dent in the dragons squad. Especially with Ingles still only being a 1 point player there.

Topic #17161 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

That would be a blow if true, I certainly agree. It would be sad for SA too as we always enjoy watching him come to down.

Maybe he wants to escape Goorjan. Hahaha!

Reply #202171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get out ofthe nbl.

we all hate ingles

Reply #202174 | Report this post

Trinity  
Years ago

This would be the BEST thing for SA, another local boy making big bucks and hopefully big highlights overseas! For how much bad publicity the NBL has had in recent years, damn this country has some great basketball players doing their thing worldwide! Was in NY when the Boomers put up a solid half against the Dream Team and there was some extremely surprised basketball nuts that couldnt believe we were more than a 1 trick pony (Bogut).

I wouldnt bother staying here if the Euro's are calling, Joe needs to either be put in his place, as he has that arrogant grin on the court most of the time, or prove that he belongs there. Which would mean he is probably a little to good for our league....at the moment!

Reply #202179 | Report this post

Years ago

One of the least arrogant players in Basketball.

Reply #202182 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

most arrogant u mean..

Reply #202183 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

kobe-for-mvp

when has Joe been arrogant?
i have never seen Joe speak or act with arrogance. He seems like a pretty quiet guy in my opinion.

Anyone else seen Joe show any signs of arrogance?

Reply #202184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he talks a lot of shit on court. very cocky.

Reply #202185 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Think it is just the look of someone who has supreme confidence in his ability . He may look smug on occasion but i do not think it is misplaced . I have questioned his outward attitude at times but never doubted his ability , mega talented , just hopes he makes the most of it . Still young with huge upside and seems to rise to the level of competition . You just can't teach that .

Reply #202186 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Seriously, if you were a decent young player, you should be going to Europe or College in US. Hell pay your own way if you have to!
Staying in the NBl is not the best option I wouldn't think.

Reply #202188 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

joe ingles will stay in the nbl because it might hurt his boomers chances in the future which sounds crazy, and he is not arrogant confident but not arrogant saw him in every dragon home game and he is not cocky or arrogant just confident, but could not play to his ability under shane heal cause heal is a shit coach

Reply #202199 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

sweet, good to see him get s shot in europe... as for being arrogant, he is, went to school with him and played against him, so yeah he is... but still an ok bloke

Reply #202207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles is noy cocky or arrogant at all off the court. He is extermley nice and down to earth guy

Reply #202208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's an a.hole.
and when he's with mills he's even worse.
those two have a fair bit more attitude than what they should at their age and for what they have managed to do so far.
when they've done bigger things, maybe then it will be ok- until then yes, they have attitude problems and have their heads up their asses.

Reply #202254 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

lol at last post....a sense of jealousy much?

Reply #202258 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That would be interesting if true. Might even up the rest of the league a bit (after the Tigers) if he were to go, and would be a good offer for him.

Someone on ozhoops mentioned that it would be likely that he doesn't have a Euro outclause. However, if I was signed to a 3-year rookie deal (as a 1 point player) and it didn't have a Euro out-clause I would sue my manager for gross negligence. So presumably he has to have out clauses.

As an aside, surely there is a maximum salary scale for a rookie (1 point) contract. I bet that Ingles is not now being paid by the Dragons as a rookie. If they renegotiated his contract ($$), that should also have changed his points rating to something a little more realistic?

Reply #202272 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'm sure Ingles is a nice guy, when he isn't being a complete cockhead towards opposition teams.

Typical young-gun being full of himself when he does well then withdrawn and disgruntled when he plays like shite.

I doubt he's a such a bad guy in person but he displays all the typical signs of a new standout.

He may join the ranks of Andrew Vlahov, Scott Fisher and Shane Heal in the next 5 years or so as part of Adelaide "historical opposition a**holes" list. Those guys you know are damn good at what they do, but you can't help but get peeved at them and enjoy every time they screw up in some way.

Long story short, its something he'll grow out of in a few years.

Reply #202298 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

I think he may say some words on the court but in my opinion thats a part of the game...I myself dont say anything on the court but I dont care if they say shit to me.

Confidence is a needed commodity to have on a bball court as that allows you to make the play u need to. Some people need to talk trash on the court to gain that confidence.

look at some of the greatest players in the NBA, Jordan, Miller, Kobe, Shaq...there all trash talkers and have an arrogance about them....it works for them...when you play bball enough...you get over the slagging and u just play the game...as fans...who cares what they do...just watch the game

Reply #202306 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

What makes you think he's ONLY an a.hole on the court?
He's an a.hole off the court too

Reply #202328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your all a bunch of wankers. Do u know him personnely, Get off bashing the kid. Jealousy is a sad truth of non achievers

Reply #202611 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I've had the displeasure of meeting the moody kid twice, who's about a good decade younger than me.
Jealousy has nothing to do with anything kid- it's called treating others with respect and not walking around like everyone else should lick your balls because you think they should.
Wake up.

Reply #202615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA Ha , Wanker, thats all i can say. U have no comprhension of the crap that elite sports people put up with, and this section has a bunch of them. He is an Adelaide boy who has wroked his ass off, and left here due to piss poor management.

Get over yorselves and wake up!!!!!!!!

Reply #202793 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

English please.

Reply #202809 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"He's my friend and I think he's cool."

Reply #202818 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"He's my brother and I love him"?

Reply #202858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754