Agnes #1
Years ago

Fitness Regime

Does anyone have a hour to hour & a half fitness/stamina/agility pre-season training regime?

Please post a PDF or website attachment if possible, or forward it to Isaac, so he can forward it on.

Going over movies etc. suicides + pushups seem to be the way to go, but there has to be some great drills out there (not involving a ball) that can be used a month prior to the start of a season to get players fitness up.

Thanks.

Topic #17196 | Report this topic

HotRod  
Years ago

Lots around, but why not use drills that do require the ball? One of the reasons, I believe, players lose interest is very boring (mindless) pre-season training, whether juniors or seniors. You can build in ball-handling improvement drills at the same time.

Nothing wrong with a change of scenery, like the beach, or an oval for a couple of sessions, or a game of touch footy, but there are plenty of interesting drills for on- court build-up.

EG, Has anyone got the diagram of the old 'California' drill?

Reply #202581 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Run to the bottle-o, buy a carton and run it back to my house :P

Reply #202590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any one have any suggestions for jumping drills I can do during the summer ready for the winter season.

Thanks

Reply #202607 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Jump on a treadmill

Reply #202613 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Jump on your missus- can be done indoors or outdoors, depending on location

Reply #202628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was hoping to jump more than 5" !

Reply #202635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AIR ALERT!!!

Reply #202639 | Report this post

Bring it!  
Years ago

this is the pre season training which I feel works well:

1. 20 metre sprints
2. Knee jumps
3. Push Ups / Sit Ups
4. Burpies
5. Bike work
6. As many stairs as you can manage up and down for 2 minutes
7. Lunges
8. Squats
9. Run the beep test
10. Some weights but light weight and high repetition

Any combination of the above with in 30 minutes with little break in between - keep the heart rate high and do it at least twice per week along with a good diet

Reply #202643 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

a little bit of areobics work is good to tighten up the thighs and butt and getting them looking spectacular in shorts + tai bo with music tones up the arms and legs leaving them sexy and fit for the singlets

Reply #202650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou i found the one when you told people to do all 10 things they were very usful im not on a diet just wanted to keep fit! love Bethany adged 10 XoX

Reply #210107 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754